Treating Poison Ivy Is A ‘Snap!’ New Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads Launch Just In Time For Summer
#1 Doctor Recommended* Anti-Itch Medicine Available with No-Mess “Snapplicator”
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — What can be worse than an intensely itchy rash from poison ivy with red bumps and blisters during the hot summer months?
Introducing Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads. The #1 doctor recommended*, fast-acting, anti-itch medicine consumers can buy without a prescription is now available in a no-mess, touch-free, single application “Snapplicator(TM).” (+)
Starting in April, the Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads will be sold in the first-aid aisle in most major retailers. Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads, which will retail $8.99 for 10 Snapplicators(TM), are formulated to provide fast relief from exposure to poison ivy, oak and sumac with a combination of aloe, botanicals and oat extract. The pads cool and soothe irritated skin on contact. Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads offer convenience, portability, simplicity and fast relief to intense itching, rashes and inflammation.
“The innovative packaging is the first of its kind for poison ivy relief,” said Liz Roques, assistant brand manager at Chattem. “The individual Snapplicators(TM) include a single treatment so consumers don’t have to touch the affected area.”
Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads Fast Facts:
- Product benefits: The strongest itch medicine without a prescription available; new single-dose Snapplicator(TM) provides no-mess, no touch application that easily applies onto skin.
- How to Use: Grasp Snapplicator(TM )between the thumbs and forefingers. Snap to release product through pad top. Dab medicine onto affected area and rub onto skin. Discard.
- Uses: Adults and children 2 years of age and older who have skin with symptoms associated with minor skin irritations, inflammation and rashes due to poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac.
- Product ingredients: 1% hydrocortisone (active ingredient), aloe, botanicals and oat extract (inactive ingredients).
- Suggested Retail Price/Availability: $8.99 for 10 Snapplicators(TM); first-aid aisle of most major retailers.
- What is Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, and Sumac: Rhus dermatitis is an allergic contact dermatitis caused by exposure to plants of the genus Toxicodendron (formerly Rhus). Each plant contains the substance urushiol, a potent skin sensitizing agent.
About Cortizone-10: Cortizone 10 is the #1 First Aid Anti-Itch brand in America** offering additional anti-itch products such as Cooling Relief Gel, Quick Shot Continuous Spray, Hydratensive Anti-Itch Lotion, Easy Relief Applicator Anti-Itch Liquid and many more. For more information, please visit www.cortizone10.com.
*Refers to the ingredient hydrocortisone.
(+)Snapplicator(TM) is a trademark of Tapemark.
**Based on Nielsen sales volume as of 2/16/13
SOURCE Cortizone 10