Regenerative Medicine Annual Report Highlights Growth and Promise of Sector, Calls for National Strategy
- Alliance for Regenerative Medicine Launches Second, Expanded Annual Industry Report at Regen Med Investor Day -
With more than
“Unlike many therapeutics currently available that are designed to address symptoms of disease or delay disease progression, RM products have the potential to cure or significantly change the course of disease,” said
The second Regenerative Medicine Annual Report is available online at www.alliancerm.org and in a limited print edition. Below are highlights of the report:
- An overview of the broad array of disciplines in the field including cell therapies, gene therapies, biologics and small molecules, tissue engineering, stem cells for drug discovery, toxicity testing and disease modeling, and biobanking.
- Information on the potential economic impact of RM in
the United States.
- A financial overview of investment activity and market performance for the field.
- Eleven disease overviews that highlight progress of RM in developing treatments for diseases that include cardiovascular disease, non-healing wounds, vascular disease, spinal cord injury, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, musculoskeletal conditions, autoimmune disorders, stroke, diabetes and ocular diseases.
- Clinical milestones, financial news and commercial deals taking place during the last year.
- The elements of a national strategy, including regulatory, reimbursement and funding initiatives to support advances in regenerative medicine.
“While significant clinical progress has been made in progressing life-changing regenerative medicine therapies toward commercialization, there are still many regulatory, reimbursement and financial challenges to address before the field can reach its full potential,” said
About the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine
The Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM) is a
SOURCE The Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM)