North American Seminars Introduces a New Evidence-Based Online Physical Therapy Continuing Education Course, Evaluation and Treatment of Cervicogenic Headaches.
Managing patients with neck pain and headaches can be confusing and frustrating for clinicians. North American Seminars introduces a new online continuing education course that provides a treatment based classification to streamline clinical decision making and care planning for patients with cervicogenic headaches and neck pain.
Franklin, TN (PRWEB) April 28, 2013
Cervicogenic headaches refer to headaches of cervical origin. These types of headaches are difficult to diagnosis and treat due to lack of understanding of their etiology and pathophysiology. In this online PT continuing education course, Chris Durall, PT, DPT, MS, SCS, LAT, CSCS narrates, and demonstrated an evidence based approach to evaluation and treatment of the cervical spine. This continuing education physical therapy online course focuses on cervicogenic headaches. The objectives of the physical therapy continuing education course online are:
- Describe the functional anatomy of the cervical spine.
- Identify signs and symptoms of occipito-atlantal or atlanto-axial instability or cervical artery dysfunction that warrant referral to another healthcare provider.
- Utilize a treatment-based classification approach to assist with care planning.
- Perform thrust and non-thrust manual therapy techniques to the thoracic spine, 1st rib, and cervical spine.
- Formulate therapeutic exercise programs to improve dynamic stabilization of the cervico-thoracic spine.
- Implement select manual therapy and exercise techniques to manage patients with arm symptoms in association with neck pain.
- Differentiate cervicogenic headaches from other types of headaches.
- Utilize select manual therapy and exercise techniques to manage patients with cervicogenic headaches.
- Employ appropriate intervention strategies for patients with high-levels of neck pain.
This course meets continuing education course requirements for physical therapists and occupational therapists.
Approved continuing education physical therapy online for PT and PTA
This course meets the continuing education requirements for physical therapists in the States of California, Illinois, New York, Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.
Approved online continuing education for Occupational Therapists
North American Seminars, Inc. is an AOTA provider for continuing education, provider #4487. The AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products or clinical procedures. The Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont and Virginia occupational therapy regulatory boards accept courses presented by AOTA providers to meet the needs of OT continuing educational requirements.
For more information visit http://www.healthclick.com/Courses/nas200.php. North American Seminars supports Responsible CME. Live hands on training supplemented by online and software based courses provides an exceptional learning experience. Online training is not a replacement for a live course. For a comprehensive list of live spinal cord injury courses visit http://www.healthclick.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebphysical-therapy-classes/-Cervical-Spine/prweb10677334.htm