COMBO Dual Therapy Stent(TM) Clinical Results to Be Featured at EuroPCR 2013
Results Will Be Presented During Symposium “Clinical Value of Anti-Restenosis and Pro-Healing COMBO Stent” and Oral Scientific Sessions
HONG KONG, May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — OrbusNeich today announced that clinical results for the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent will be featured during EuroPCR 2013.
Michael Haude, M.D., of Medical Clinic I at the Lukaskrankenhaus in Neuss, Germany, will present results from REMEDEE (Randomized Evaluation of an abluMinal sirolimus coatED bio-Engineered stEnt), a randomized clinical trial of the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent versus a drug eluting stent (DES), during a symposium titled “Clinical value of anti-restenosis and pro-healing COMBO Stent” at 16:45 CEST on Wednesday, May 22, in Room 251 at the Palais des Congres de Paris.
The symposium, which will be chaired by Prof. Haude and Sigmund Silber, M.D., Ph.D., of the Heart Center at the Isar, Munich, Germany, will feature other case-based presentations that explore differences between monotherapy DES and the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent. Symposium presentations will include:
- Where are we with monotherapy DES? – Renu Virmani, M.D., of the CVPath Institute Inc. in Gaithersburg, Md.
- What are the true unmet needs? With case-based discussions – Roxana Mehran, M.D., Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
- How do we design clinical studies beyond DES to show incremental benefits of dual therapy stents? – Robbert de Winter, M.D., Ph.D., of the Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam
- Where are we with the dual therapy stent? EGO-COMBO serial OCT assessment at nine and 24 months – Stephen W.L. Lee, M.D., Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong
Prof. Haude will also present “Sirolimus released from a bioresorbable polymer with endothelial cell capturing capability – REMEDEE” during the session “Bioresorbable versus durable polymer coatings for DES” at 10:03 CEST on Friday, May 24, in Room 241.
Other Scientific Sessions of Note
Cardiovascular Innovation Pipeline Session: New stents, scaffolds and drug-eluting balloons
14:24 CEST, Tuesday, May 21, Room 341
- Robert Cottone, vice president, intellectual property and technologies at OrbusNeich, will present the following: “OrbusNeich absorbable programme update.”
Glimpse into the future: Preclinical studies of upcoming bioresorbable scaffolds
11:01 CEST, Thursday, May 23: Room 242AB
- Robert Cottone will present the following: “Preclinical evaluation of drug-eluting CD34 antibody-coated bioresorbable scaffold made of a mixed polymer.”
12:00 CEST, Wednesday, May 22, in the moderated poster area
- Prof. Lee will present the following: “The first establishment of early healing profile, 9-month neointimal growth, and 24 months outcomes of the dual therapy endothelial progenitor cell capturing sirolimus-eluting stent as assessed by longitudinal sequential OCT: the EGO-COMBO study.” (POS060M)
About the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent
The COMBO Dual Therapy Stent is the first dual therapy stent to both accelerate endothelial coverage and control neo-intimal proliferation through the combination of the proven pro-healing technology with an abluminal sirolimus drug elution delivered from a biodegradable polymer that achieves full and complete dissipation by 90 days.
OrbusNeich’s patented endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) capture technology promotes the accelerated natural healing of the vessel wall after the implantation of blood-contact devices such as stents. The technology consists of an antibody surface coating that captures EPCs circulating in the blood to the device to form an endothelial layer that provides protection against thrombosis and modulates restenosis.
OrbusNeich is a global company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative medical devices for the treatment of vascular diseases. Current products are the world’s first pro-healing stent, the Genous(TM) Stent, as well as other stents and balloons marketed under the names of Azule(TM), R stent, Scoreflex(TM), Sapphire(TM), Sapphire II and Sapphire NC. Development stage products include the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent, the world’s first dual therapy stent. OrbusNeich is headquartered in Hong Kong and has operations in Shenzhen, China; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Hoevelaken, The Netherlands; and Tokyo, Japan. OrbusNeich supplies medical devices to interventional cardiologists in more than 60 countries. For more information, visit www.OrbusNeich.com.
Follow OrbusNeich on Twitter at www.twitter.com/OrbusNeich, and learn more about the company and its innovative technology on OrbusNeich’s YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OrbusNeichMedia.