RidgeCrest Herbals Wins Patent For Homeopathic Encapsulation Method
Method for Combining Homeopathic with Herbal Ingredients Removes Lactose, Sucrose from Herbal Capsule, Freeing Up Space for More Natural Herbs
SALT LAKE CITY, June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — RidgeCrest Herbals, a creator of eclectic and innovative natural remedies for specific health needs, today announced that it has been awarded a new patent for its homeopathic encapsulating method. The method (US 8,362,088 B2) allows the company to combine homeopathic ingredients (which use traces of natural substances to trigger the body’s natural healing responses) with stronger and faster-working herbs without reducing the herb’s effective strength and without the need for lactose and sucrose, which are traditionally used to deliver homeopathic ingredients.
When homeopathics are combined with herbs in capsule form, lactose and sucrose may take up as much as 25 percent of the room in the capsule. According to Matt Warnock, president of RidgeCrest Herbals and co-inventor of the process with Shane Hinze, this causes two problems:
- the portion of the capsule traditionally covered with lactose and sucrose cannot be used for herbs, which can be bulky and need extra space.
- lactose and sucrose are not needed – or generally wanted – in herbal capsules, and can result in upset stomachs for lactose-intolerant individuals.
Herbs often require a small amount (1-2 percent of capsule weight) of a flow agent to bind to sticky or resinous ingredients and help them flow smoothly into the capsule. Micro-crystalline cellulose is more natural than many other flow agents, and chemically more similar to herbs, which already contain a lot of cellulose. With the new patented method, RidgeCrest applies the homeopathics either to a base of micro-crystalline cellulose, which can then be used as the flow agent, or to the cellulose capsule itself.
“Homeopathics are an energy medicine, and even a very small physical dose can deliver the needed energy signature,” Warnock said. “Our patented method solves both of the homeopathic encapsulation problems with one elegant solution. As a result, we can provide both the homeopathic and the herbal components at maximum potency, resulting in more effective products.”
The patented method, called “homeoactive” encapsulation, is already standard in RidgeCrests’s seven homeopathic products:
- Clear Lungs Extra Strength, a decongestant formula supported by a unique blend of 13 Chinese herbs.
- Migraine Relief, which contains both a homeopathic formula for relief of headache pain, and a Chinese herbal formula to support normal vascular and nerve inflammation response.
- DreamOn, which combines safe and natural homeopathic medicines with herbal sleep aids for gentle, natural sleep.
About RidgeCrest Herbals
RidgeCrest Herbals makes natural remedies for individual health needs, including the top selling ClearLungs, SinusClear, Anxiety Free, Hair ReVive, and more than 20 others. The company’s eclectic approach combines natural methods and ingredients from around the world to deliver the most effective results. Its formulas are available through natural products retailers, including GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, and independent retailers. For details, visit www.rcherbals.com or call 1-800-242-4649.
SOURCE RidgeCrest Herbals