Dorland Health’s Fifth Care Coordination Summit Soon to Be Released on Video
The video of the Fifth Care Coordination Summit that took place May 7-8 in Washington, D.C., is soon to be available for healthcare professionals to share with their teams. The Care Coordination Summit: Paving the Way Toward a Sustainable Healthcare System firmly embraces the need to create a sustainable healthcare system that will subsist long into the future.
Rockville, MD (PRWEB) June 14, 2013
The video of the 5th Care Coordination Summit that took place May 7-8 in Washington, D.C., is soon to be available for healthcare professionals to share with their teams. The Care Coordination Summit: Paving the Way Toward a Sustainable Healthcare System, firmly embraces the need to create a sustainable healthcare system that will subsist long into the future.
The conference video hosts 10 cutting-edge sessions from the Care Coordination Summit, each of which deliver the critical intelligence, resources, case studies, best practices and real working models for those involved in care coordination as they seek to address challenges, reduce costs, optimize the delivery of care and create viable payment structures.
“The Care Coordination Summit addresses the most critical issues facing healthcare teams that work across the continuum,” said Conference Chair Anne Llewellyn, RN-BC, MS, BHSA, CCM, CRRN, who serves as editor in chief with Dorland Health. “Now healthcare leaders have the opportunity to access the incisive learning, important information and practical solutions that the expert faculty shared during the two-day event.”
The Summit brought together a diverse group of speakers from all slices of healthcare and features three keynote presentations, including: Eileen Carlson, JD, RN, Associate Director of Government Affairs, American Nurses Association, on the new reimbursement policies governing transitions of care; Dr. Peter Goldbach, Chief Medical Officer of Health Dialog, on the growing domain of shared decision making; and Holly A. Toomey, RN, BSHM, Associate Vice President, Care Management Strategy, McKesson Health Solutions. See faculty bios at http://www.dorlandhealth.com/care_coordination_summit/video_speakers/.
The individual presentations include:
- Keynote: Healthcare at the Tipping Point: Creating the Infrastructure for a New System of Healthcare
- Care Coordination: Bridging Silos in a Patient-Centered Medical Neighborhood
- Slimming Readmissions with the Innovative In-and-Out Approach
- Optimizing Pharmaceutical Care in a Collaborative Drug Therapy Management Program
- Opening Keynote: Shared Decision Making: Effectiveness at the Point of Care
- Professionalism: The Integral Competency for Case Management Success
- Impact of Evidence-Based Health Promotion and Disease Prevention for Older Adults
- Keynote: Recognizing the Value of Transitional Care & Care Coordination: New Codes & Policies Encourage Payment
- Working Double: Managing the Dual Eligible Population with Cutting-Edge Practice Designs
- The Patient Experience as the Center of Attention: How Patient-Centric Models Are Now Financially Viable
The Summit took place at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, Md. For more information about the soon to be available video, please go to http://store.dorlandhealth.com/store/413.html.
About Dorland Health
Dorland Health, an Access Intelligence, LLC Company, is a leading publisher and media company providing education, training, tools, information resources, guidance and practical advice for practitioners and specialists in the area of case management and care coordination. Dorland Health services include the Professional Patient Advocate Institute, Case In Point, Case In Point Weekly, OR Manager, Patient Advocate Report, industry-specific resource directories and reports, conferences and events, webinars, award programs, special reports, and offers continuing education credit.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/6/prweb10829011.htm