Carmel Clay Parks Participates in 10 Million Kids Outdoors Initiative
Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation (CCPR) has recently partnered with the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) in their 10 Million Kids Outdoors campaign to get kids outside and active!
Carmel, Indiana (PRWEB) July 26, 2013
Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation (CCPR) has recently partnered with the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) in their 10 Million Kids Outdoors campaign to get kids outside and active! NRPA supports this program started by the National Wildlife Federation for this and future generations to connect with their natural surroundings.
To celebrate our partnership with NRPA, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation will host a launch event at West Park on July 29, from 9:30-10am prior to the Kids Koncert with Island Breeze Duo. Local sponsor, 4 Kids Books & Toys, will be onsite creating an art project with kids. Mary Evans, CCPR Fitness Supervisor, will conduct a fitness activity for kids, while Annette Pettigrew, CCPR volunteer, runs games for the kids including parachute play and dancing.
CCPR will offer other activities throughout the year that connect children to nature and focus on the benefits of this initiative:
- Improve health and wellness
- Provide quality parks and recreation experiences
- Foster environmental stewardship and appreciation of nature
- Raise awareness of the value of structured and unstructured play
- Ensure safe, affordable and accessible park and recreation opportunities
- Position parks, recreation and environmental conservation as essential to every community
Contact Traci Pettigrew, Event Supervisor, at 317.573.5243 or tpettigrew(at)carmelclayparks(dot)com for more information.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10952344.htm