Examination and Treatment of the SI Joint, an Online Physical Therapy Continuing Education Course Receives CA Approval for PT and PTAs
North American Seminars, Inc. online course, Examination and Treatment of the SI Joint has received continuing education approval for re-licensure for physical therapists and physical therapy assistants licensed in California.
Franklin, TN (PRWEB) August 29, 2013
This physical therapy continuing education course online provides detailed description of SI Joint physical examination testing, including how to rule out the lumbar spine and hip joint as potential pain generators. The DVD/Online Content and supplemental written material provide the clinician with great detail on how to perform examination of the SI joint/pelvic girdle, the tests to implement, what patients they should be performed on, what entails a positive (or negative test), and the diagnostic accuracy of such tests. Another great feature of this DVD and written material is the interventions shown and described. The clinician can clearly see how to perform manual therapy, stretching, and strengthening techniques as they apply to the SI joint/pelvic girdle pain patient. Detailed information regarding proper set-up, hand placement, technique, re-assessment, and EMG values (exercises) are given in order for the clinician to make informed decisions on which interventions are most clinically applicable in their various types of patients.
PT online continuing education course objectives:
- Applying a differential diagnosis approach to a thorough examination of the SI joint while ruling out lumbar spine and hip disorders.
- Identify the evidence based information that supports the rationale for selected examination and treatment techniques for the SI joint.
- Perform SI joint provocation tests.
- Utilitize proper tests to identify muscle dysfunction motor control dysfunction and /or pelvic instability.
- Understand when to use SI joint movement tests.
- Perform manual therapy mobilizations and muscle energy techniques for effective treatments of common SI disorders such as: anterior rotated inominate, posterior rotated inominate, outfoxed dysfunction, inflare dysfunction, and downslip.
- Develop effective progressive exercise programs for the management of SI dysfunction.
The California Physical Therapy Board has approved North American Seminars, Inc. as an approval agency to approve providers offering continuing competency courses. This course meets the standards set forth in section 1399.96 of the California Code of Regulation and is approved for physical therapy continuing competency license renewal requirements in the State of California. This course can be used for continuing competency for license renewal for occupational and physical therapists in the state of California. This course meets the ceu requirements specified in the Utah Physical Therapy Practice Act Rule.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/online-course-SI-Rehab/physical-therapy/prweb11059241.htm