Stay Safer, Stay Cordless: Window Covering Safety Month at Blinds.com
Knowledge is power; Blinds.com encourages home owners and parents to review their window cords for safety hazards and offers discounted ‘Safer 4 Kids’ selections and free cordless upgrades.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) October 15, 2013
In honor of National Window Covering Safety Month, Blinds.com is encouraging customers to take another look at their window treatments to keep their families safer.
While exposed electrical outlets and hot stoves are well known dangers to families with children, more parents are including window covering cords in their family’s safety agenda too.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, there have been 200 window cord-related deaths involving children since 1990.
Home owners can take a few easy steps to ensure that their children and pets are safer from harm:
- Replace any blinds or shades manufactured before 2001 with modern, safer products.
- Replace all corded window treatments with safer cordless options.
- Never place a crib, bed or other climb-able furniture near a window with cords.
- Retrofit corded window blinds and shades with free safety kits and consistently use them!
- Lock cords into position whenever blinds are lowered, even when they are resting on the window sill.
- Make sure tasseled pull cords are short and continuous loop cords are anchored to the wall or floor.
Beyond cordless blinds and shades, motorized window coverings and shutters are other window treatment upgrade options that will help keep children safer while maintaining a functional and beautiful look for their windows and home décor. Learn more at: http://bit.ly/saferwindows.
Learn more about Window Cord Safety Month and the Window Covering Safety Council here: http://www.windowcoverings.org.
Blinds.com, owned by Global Custom Commerce, is the world’s largest online window covering store, covering over a million windows a year since 1996. With a cutting edge online ordering system and ‘The Window Shopper’ augmented reality shopping iPhone app, Blinds.com makes ordering custom blinds, shades, shutters and draperies a no brainer with huge savings and selection. Blinds.com offers installation videos, award winning customer service and a SureFit Guarantee to make buying blinds online surprisingly easy and stress-free. Go online to Blinds.com to shop or call 1-800-505-1905 to speak to one of 100+ blinds experts.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11228070.htm