Critical Business Operations Skills Offered to Behavioral Health Providers to Help Meet Challenges of 2014 Expanding Healthcare Coverage
State Associations of Addiction Services (SAAS) Announces Last Chance for Spots in No-Cost, SAMHSA-funded Online Training Available Only Through February 15
Washington, DC (PRWEB) January 30, 2014
As healthcare insurance options expand this year – making an additional 30 million people eligible for coverage, including mental health and addiction treatment – behavioral health services providers must ensure they have the business operation skills to expand capacity while remaining profitable. BHbusiness: Mastering Essential Business Operations (http://bhbusiness.org) is a series of online courses designed to help executives prepare their organizations to overcome the challenges of the evolving healthcare marketplace and develop opportunities to grow their business, improve efficiency, and deliver to the bottom line. Funded by the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), BHbusiness courses are offered at no charge to participants.
Due to strong demand, new spots have been opened for 2014 courses, but the deadline is fast approaching. Interested behavioral health providers should apply for BHbusiness by February 15, 2014.
BHbusiness learning networks are designed to help behavioral health leaders comply with new regulations, retain or expand market share, and grow the bottom line. Providers are grouped into learning networks—a group of carefully matched organizations—with a dedicated coach and access to a self-paced, online curriculum. In 2 to 3 hours each week, learning network members participate in live coaching sessions; network with their peers; create actionable plans; and gain access to extensive resources, technical assistance, and subject matter experts.
In today’s healthcare marketplace, behavioral health providers need to know how to:
- Ensure that their clients get the coverage for which they are eligible. This is covered in the BHbusiness Eligibility and Enrollment Learning Network.
- Take full advantage of new partnership opportunities, including business affiliations, mergers, and acquisitions. This is covered in the BHbusiness Strategic Business Planning Learning Network.
- Capture increased revenues. This is covered in the BHbusiness Third-party Billing and Compliance Learning Network.
- Negotiate successfully for their share of the market. This is covered in the BHbusiness Third-party Contract Negotiations Learning Network.
- Evaluate their readiness to participate in the health information technology revolution. This is covered in the BHbusiness Meaningful Use of Healthcare Technology Learning Network.
Hundreds of behavioral health leaders from across the country, in organizations large and small, have participated in BHbusiness learning networks since 2012. “BHbusiness offers high-quality instruction and support from national experts, along with a chance to learn from peers across the country,” says Tom Savidge, Chief Executive Officer of PORT Human Services in Greenville, North Carolina. “It’s hard to find a better training combination for behavioral health professionals.”
The project is led by the State Associations of Addiction Services (SAAS), in partnership with NIATx, the National Council for Behavioral Health, and Advocates for Human Potential, Inc. SAAS and its partners developed and teach the BHbusiness courses.
Spots in the next round of BHbusiness Learning Networks are going fast. For more information on BHbusiness, and to apply for one of the five courses by the February 15 deadline, visit http://bhbusiness.org.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11524913.htm