Ersurco Medical Introduces Sterile-Packaged Disposable for the Amalgatome® SK Skin Debridement Device
New sterile option provides tissue banks and tissue processing centers added convenience and safety in their operations.
Birmingham, OH (PRWEB) March 18, 2014
Exsurco Medical, Inc. has introduced a single-use, sterile disposable for its Amalgatome® SK Skin Debridement Device, the newest advancement in excision science for tissue banks.
Technicians now have the choice of purchasing factory-packaged sterile disposables, or using non-sterile versions that they sterilize in their lab or processing center prior to use.
The Amalgatome SK represents the latest form of cadaveric tissue debriding technology, developed specifically for tissue processing. It simplifies debriding procedures and decreases adipose removal time compared to conventional methods.
The Amalgatome SK represents not only a major milestone in tissue processing technology, but also a step forward in advanced ergonomics and technician comfort:
- The innovative rotary design of the Amalgatome SK’s fast-rotating circular blade cuts through adipose tissue more quickly and efficiently when compared to conventional scalpel methods.
- The cutting action of the Amalgatome SK’s rotary blade provides technicians the 180° dissection range necessary for time-efficient processing, while reducing the incidence of strike-throughs and enhancing finished product quality: a smoother appearance with no fat or tissue remaining.
Taking Allograft Processing to the Next Level
The Amalgatome SK dramatically redefines allograft processing because it solves the challenges of tissue damage losses, inconsistent tissue thickness, time-consuming work inefficiencies and risk of repetitive-motion stress that are inherent in conventional scalpel processes.
Among the key benefits to tissue labs and processing facilities are these:
- The powered circular blade cuts through adhered tissue quickly and precisely.
- The wide-cutting blade surface provides clean, smooth and uniform tissue removal.
- The device delivers a lower discard rate and reduced risk of strike-throughs compared to traditional scalpel techniques.
- Easier to use and master compared to traditional processes, enabling technicians to employ one-handed operation, thus minimizing movements that may lead to technician fatigue and repetitive motion stress.
The “Power” Behind the Amalgatome SK
Powering the Amalgatome SK is the Amalgatome Drive Motor. This motor delivers reliable power activation via a pneumatic foot pedal. It is housed in a rugged stainless steel case for extended durability and also features a handle for easy portability. It can be placed on a non-sterile cart for convenient technician access during processing procedures.
Commenting on the Amalgatome SK and its latest advancement, Paul Pirozzola, Vice President of Marketing, stated, “Tissue processing centers have reported that the Amalgatome device is easy to use, precise and efficient. They note that less effort is required to perform the procedures, and the incidence of strike-throughs into the dermal tissue is lower. With the addition of a sterile disposable, we bring a new level of convenience to our tissue bank customers.”
Pirozzola added that many tissue processing centers are achieving 20% to 30% processing time reductions when using the Amalgatome SK device compared to the traditional manual process.
The newly introduced Amalgatome SK sterile disposables are offered in packages of five. Non-sterile head/blade assemblies are available in single packages.
For more information on the Amalgatome SK Skin Debridement Device, visit http://www.exsurco.com or call Amber McAfee, Medical Sales/Market Manager at 800-243-6049. You may also e-mail your request to info(at)exsurco(dot)com.
About Exsurco Medical, Inc.
Exsurco Medical, Inc. is a leading-edge innovator and manufacturer of unique, technologically advanced devices and tools for tissue processing. Its mission is to improve technician and clinician efficiencies through simplifying and speeding up tissue-related procedures such as skin and bone debridement.
Exsurco products, which are designed and manufactured in the USA, are supplied to customers throughout North America. Website address: http://www.exsurco.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11681387.htm