Global Cancer Gene Therapy Market Analysis
DUBLIN, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ –
Research and Markets (
http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pttfr4/cancer_gene) has announced the
addition of the “Cancer Gene Therapy Market Analysis”
[http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pttfr4/cancer_gene ] report to their offering.
The gene therapy market has undergone series of transformation from the initial days
of research to current clinical development of drugs for treatment of multiple diseases.
The initial studies of gene therapy were conducted mostly on monogenetic diseases, but the
focus of the researchers rapidly shifted towards the cancer.
The increasing popularity of cancer therapeutics as a major interest for gene therapy
applications led to it accounting for a dominant share of more than 60% in the overall
number of clinical studies. The reasons for cancer to become a preferred area of
application for gene therapy are the significant unmet medical needs in cancer therapy,
coupled with the large size of its market. Additionally, the ethical acceptance of gene
therapy as a therapeutic solution also contributed to the shift of focus from monogenetic
diseases to cancer.
A major part of the cancer gene therapy products for are currently in preclinical and
Phase II of clinical trials. There has been marginal success in developing completely
curative therapeutic drugs. The gene therapy drugs which have been approved till date are
Gendicine & Rexin-G. Gendicine, which is developed by Shenzhen SiBiono Gene Technologies
Co., is currently marketed only in China and Rexin-G in Philippines.
Gene therapy offers a large window of opportunities for the treatment of multiple
cancers. The therapy has been found to be able to deliver special tumor suppressor genes
to an individual, which could prevent the growth of malignant tumors and also reduce the
metastatic disease. . The major concentration is being given to the rare tumor types such
as pancreatic cancer, and highly prevalent tumor types such as breast cancer and prostate
cancer. With the prevalence of cancer rising significantly, the future drug pipelines of
the companies are mostly focusing on gene therapy for cancer.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction to Gene Therapy
2. Global Gene Therapy Market
3. Significance of Cancer Therapeutics in Gene Therapy
4. Current Applications of Gene Therapy to Cancer Treatment
5. Cancer Gene Therapy Market Dynamics
6. Regulatory Scenario for Gene Therapy Market
7. Cancer Gene Therapy Drug Clinical Trial Insight by Phase, Country & Target
8. Marketed Cancer Gene Therapy Drugs
9. Suspended & Discontinued Cancer Gene Therapy Drug Pipeline
10. Competitive Landscape
- Advantagene - BioCancell - Celgene - Cell Genesys - Epeius Biotechnologies - GenVec - Introgen Therapeutics - MultiVir - Shenzhen SiBiono GeneTech - ZIOPHARM Oncology
For more information visit
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets