Bed Bug Awareness Week Recognized April 20-26
Batzner Bed Bug Services encourages people to revisit bed bug basics in advance of the summer travel season.
New Berlin, WI (PRWEB) April 17, 2014
As part of the celebration of National Pest Management Month, Bed Bug Awareness Week takes place from April 20-26. An observance by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) recognized by Chase’s Calendar of Events, Bed Bug Awareness Week promotes public awareness about bed bugs. Batzner Bed Bug Services is proud to join in this important industry effort and encourages people to brush up on bed bug prevention tips to curb infestations, especially ahead of the summer travel season.
“One of the best things we can do as an industry is educate the public about bed bugs and their habits so they can take preventative steps to avoid them,” said Randy Rupert, Bed Bug Team Lead at Batzner Bed Bug Services. “There are so many misconceptions about bed bugs – from how an infestation starts to how to handle one – that we feel need to be corrected.”
Batzner Bed Bug Services offers the following tips to help avoid bed bugs during the upcoming summer:
- Never bring second-hand furniture, especially mattresses and box springs, into a home or college dorm without thoroughly examining it for signs of a bed bug infestation.
- At hotels, thoroughly inspect the entire room before unpacking, including behind the headboard and in furniture. Pull back the bed sheets and check the mattress seams for pepper-like stains that may be evidence of bed bug activity.
- If you suspect an infestation or problem in your hotel room, notify management and change rooms immediately. Be sure the new room is not adjacent to or directly above or below the possibly infected room.
- Keep suitcases in plastic trash bags or protective covers during a hotel stay to prevent bed bugs from nesting there. Do not put them on the beds.
- Upon returning home from a trip, inspect all suitcases and other belongings before bringing them into the house.
- Wash all clothes – even those that have not been worn – in hot water and dry them using an extra-hot dryer setting.
- Avoid putting bags and purses on the floor of dressing rooms, public transit, movie theaters, etc.
For more information on bed bugs, visit batzner.com
Batzner Services is comprised of Batzner Pest Management, Batzner Bed Bug Services and Batzner Skilled Contractors. Family-owned and operated, Batzner has served Wisconsin and Illinois since 1946, specializing in commercial and residential pest management, bed bug and skilled contractor services. The Batzner family is dedicated to providing legendary customer service and public service education to the community. The Company is headquartered in New Berlin, Wisconsin.
For more information, visit batzner.com. Batzner and associated logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Batzner Pest Management in the United States.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11771751.htm