Metered Dose Inhalers Provides Detailed Status of Metered Dose Inhalers Currently in Development
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/664e2b/metered_dose_inhal) has announced the addition of the “Metered Dose Inhalers” report to their offering.
Metered Dose Inhalers are a front-line therapeutic healthcare story. With the exception of the insulin syringe, inhalers for the treatment of upper respiratory ailments such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease are arguably the most mission-critical drug delivery device classes currently on the market. These combination products are relied upon by tens of millions of Americans – out of a total worldwide market of approximately 300 million – for the treatment of debilitating and life-threatening respiratory conditions. For the majority of these patients, the device in their pockets, purses, and cabinets has been and is the metered dose inhaler. Metered dose inhalers have gone through a re-birth of sorts over the last five years, as regulatory requirements and efficacy issues related to variability in patient use of metered dose inhalers have fostered design changes at both the drug and device level.
GlaxoSmithKline, the world’s leading respiratory drug company, has made the evolution of its metered dose inhalers a central pillar of its Corporate Responsibility policy. The market for metered dose inhalers will remain a dynamic one, as business factors related to direct-to-consumer marketing, patent expiry-driven generic competition and the changing regulatory climate create new risks and opportunities. At the same time, the convergence of socioeconomic and technology factors is driving interest in pulmonary drug delivery technology and devices as an alternative to oral and parenteral routes of administration for systemic drugs. With at least two high-profile insulin delivery metered dose inhalers wending their way through the clinical trial process, metered dose inhalers are well-positioned to compete in the future market for systemic pulmonary drug delivery.
– Analyzes and evaluates MDI Inhalation products and competing drug delivery technologies and assesses the market potential for existing and probable future products
– Examines Metered Dose Inhaler design issues and evolving market factors
– Provides detailed status of Metered Dose Inhalers currently in development
– Forecasts the impact of MDI technology and devices on drug delivery markets and projects probable future developments
– Profiles MDI market participants, their technology, product development activity, and business strategies
– Evaluates the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on MDI devices, companies, and therapies
Key Topics Covered:
-Inhaled Drug Delivery Market Dynamics
-Metered Dose Inhaler Design Factors
-Drug Development and Commercialization Factors
-MDI Drug Delivery Therapeutics
– Altana Pharma
– Boehringer Ingelheim
– Chiesi Farmaceutici
– Kos Pharmaceuticals
– MAP Pharmaceuticals
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/664e2b/metered_dose_inhal