December 9, 2008
Ring In The New Year With Safe Fireworks Display
If you're planning on ringing in the new year with fireworks, make sure you do it the right way.
Dr. Brad Scott, associate professor of surgery at Baylor College of Medicine, offers a few tips to ensure a safe New Year's celebration:
- Always have adult supervision.
- Use eye protection.
- Maintain distance once fireworks are lit and keep a fire extinguisher
- Do not alter or relight fireworks.
- Do not wear loose clothing.
- Do not consume alcohol.
- Only light fireworks in areas where the law permits.
A majority of fireworks injuries occur in children, so be sure to teach them fireworks safety at an early age.
On the Net: