Get Sun Smart at the Spa
“Spas educate consumers on healthy skin care and a major factor in that is sun protection,” said ISPA President
Wave goodbye to sun spots, wrinkles and leathery skin with a sampling of these ISPA member products that you can find in spas around the world:
- Biodroga Systems/Regent Bond Inc. - Repair Eye Care SPF 15 – reverses sun damage and counteracts free radicals. Free with all orders over
- Epicuren Discovery – Silk Mist Sunscreen SPF 15 – during May buy one, get one free.
- kaplanMD Inc. – LIP 20 – anti-aging lip treatment that hydrates, repairs and protects. During
May 10percent of profits will be donated to charity. $30
- Somme Institute - Double Defense SPF 30 with MDT5 Parsol 1789 – protects skin from premature aging while moisturizing. During May purchase any two products and get a free A-Bomb GWP, a cell renewing cream.
- Spiller U.S. - UV Protect Day Cream SPF 30 – hydrating day cream offering full spectrum protection. Normally
$32, May special 10 percent off.
- Travertine Spa, Inc. - Hydrating Body Mist – invigorates and nourishes sun exposed skin. Normally
$44, May special $31.
Be proactive. By following some easy rules that your local spa can help you with, you’ll be sun smart in no time. Many spas have installed cabanas, umbrellas and covered porches to keep spa-goers out of the sun; at home or at the beach, stay on your porch or take an umbrella. Talk with an esthetician about ways to block UVB (the rays that cause sunburn) and UVA rays (the rays that age you). Ask about the FDA four-star rating system for sunscreens, the rating is linked to UVA rays, and spa lines like Skin Authority are taking note. Add an extra layer of protection by wearing makeup that contains an SPF; there are many mineral-based lines you can find at the spa. Try self tanners instead of sunbathing, and look for ones that contain an AHA for better penetration. Toss out your leftover product from last year, because the active ingredients can deteriorate over time. To find a full listing of spas that can help with your sun care needs visit www.experienceispa.com.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. More details on ISPA are available on www.experienceispa.com.
Shelby Jones, International SPA Association 1.859.425.5072 and email@example.com
SOURCE International SPA Association