Two more flu deaths in Minnesota
Minnesota health officials confirmed Wednesday afternoon two deaths in the Twin Cities area were attributed to swine flu.
The health officials told the Minneapolis Star Tribune one was an elderly person who had
underlying medical problems and had been hospitalized. The second was a child with
an extensive bacterial infection in addition to the H1N1 virus. These deaths bring to three the number of swine flu deaths in Minnesota, the health officials said in a release.
The latest statistics released by the Centers for Disease Control, for the week ending June 27, revealed the number of diagnosed cases of the flu in the United States had decreased from the previous week. The World Health Organization said as of Monday there were 429 confirmed swine flu deaths worldwide, including 170 in the United States.