Free Prostate Cancer Guide
WESTMONT, Ill., Nov. 9 /PRNewswire/ — Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in American men. One in six men will be diagnosed during his lifetime, according to the American Cancer Society.
In its continuing efforts to share information about this prevalent disease, the world-renowned Chicago Prostate Cancer Center has developed a complimentary 22-page guide and DVD to anyone interested in learning more about prostate cancer.
The full-color, spiral-bound guide includes:
- Detailed discussions about early detection and its importance, including information on the breakthrough diagnostic tool-the Stereotactic Transperineal Prostate Biopsy (STPB)
- Details of the Gleason Scoring Grade
- Full explanation of the prostate specific antigen (PSA) blood test
- Comprehensive discussion of risk factors
- Myths regarding treatment
- Frequently Asked Questions about prostate cancer and screening
- Complete list of questions for patients to ask their doctor
- Easy-to-understand color graphics
- Statistics and research on the three forms of treatment including external beam radiation, surgery and brachytherapy
The DVD touches on the above information in addition to detailing the experiences of several prostate cancer survivors.
The latest 2009 American Cancer Society estimates for prostate cancer in the United States predict that an estimated 193,000 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed and 27,360 men will die of prostate cancer. The more information the public has about this disease and about the importance of early screening, the greater the odds of saving a father, brother or grandfather’s life.
To obtain the free, color resource book “Prostate Cancer: A Guide to Treatment and Support,” call 630-654-2515 or visit www.prostateimplant.com.
SOURCE Chicago Prostate Cancer Center