LFAGW To Host First Lupus Virginia Advocacy Day on Feb. 2
WASHINGTON, Jan. 21 /PRNewswire/ — The Lupus Foundation of America Greater Washington Chapter (LFAGW at http://www.lupusgw.org) will host its first Virginia Advocacy Day in Richmond on Tuesday, Feb. 2 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Participants will host a coffee for legislators and their staff members and call on state legislators to ask that they designate May as Lupus Awareness Month to coincide with the national awareness month. For more information and to register, participants may check http://tiny.cc/bwGv4 and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-349-1167.
“With more than 40,000 people with lupus now in Virginia, the need for lawmakers’ support is critical for this disease for which there is no cure,” said LFAGW President and CEO Penny Fletcher. “Funds raised through activities such as our first Walk for Lupus Now! in Richmond last October allow us to offer free, ongoing services to lupus patients throughout Virginia and to create more awareness of the disease and the need for research for new drugs and a cure for lupus,” she said.
LFAGW now offers three, free support groups for lupus patients in the Richmond area and two in Northern Virginia:
- Richmond: BonSecours Richmond Community Hospital (map), Medical Office Building, Suite 200B, Conference Room A, 1500 N. 28th Street. Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Participants should contact Leader Miranda Nance at 757-609-3411 before attending in case of a schedule change.
- Richmond: Odyssey Healthcare (map), Suite 100, 8000 Franklin Farms Drive. Meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Participants should contact Leader Christine Ketterer at 804-727-9716 before attending.
- Midlothian: BonSecours Richmond Community Hospital (map), Florence Room, 13710 St. Francis Boulevard. Meetings are held the first Saturday of each month at 10:00 a.m. Participants should contact Leader Shirley Alexander-Das at 804-794-5884 before attending.
- Alexandria: Beatley Library (map), Small Conference Meeting Room, 5005 Duke St., Alexandria, Va. Meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Participants should contact Leader Gail McCurry at 703-519-1972 before attending.
- Reston: Reston Hospital Center (map), The West Wing Conference Room A, 1850 Town Center Parkway, Reston. Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at 12:00 p.m. Participants should contact Leader Cyndee Hochstrasser at 703-689-9240 before attending.
Web site: www.lupusgw.org
SOURCE Lupus Foundation of America Greater Washington Chapter