AppDynamics Announces General Availability of AppDynamics v2.0
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 22 /PRNewswire/ — AppDynamics, Inc.(TM), the next-generation Application Performance Management (APM) company, today announced the general availability of AppDynamics version 2.0. Created specifically for the new world of cloud, virtual and SOA environments, AppDynamics v2.0 delivers rapid problem resolution for highly distributed applications and signals a breakthrough in performance management best practices.
The release of AppDynamics v2.0 raises the bar for application performance monitoring and management products by delivering unmatched breadth, depth and ease-of-use in a single, integrated product that can be up and running within minutes. Legacy APM tools – often referred to as “APM 1.0″ – were not built for distributed applications in cloud, virtual, and physical environments, and as a result have proven to be increasingly costly and inefficient for IT professionals on the front lines of application support.
With today’s APM v2.0 product introduction, AppDynamics also emerges from stealth mode. See accompanying announcement issued by AppDynamics today at http://www.appdynamics.com.
Unlike the array of cryptic and hard-to-use APM 1.0 products, AppDynamics simplifies the lives of IT Operations personnel by helping them support distributed, revenue-critical applications in production environments – and therefore represents the world’s first “APM 2.0″ solution.
Senior IT professionals have responded enthusiastically to this comprehensive yet easy-to-use approach to application performance management. “Our fully automated speech cloud returns results far faster than platforms employing human transcription,” said Rick Terrell, VP Engineering of Yap Inc. “In addition to accuracy, transcription speed is a key competitive differentiator for us. With AppDynamics, we can view our entire system on one screen and quickly drill down into platform performance metrics, catching issues before they develop. AppDynamics lets us monitor and manage all of our nodes in one place, which is very helpful for us.”
In developing an innovative approach to application management designed for today’s challenges, the leadership behind AppDynamics adhered to five key tenets that they believe define the landscape of APM 2.0:
1. Built for Distributed Applications. An APM 2.0 solution should provide a visual map of the distributed application to illuminate the application topology for IT Operations. To accomplish this, AppDynamics delivers Application Mapping to dynamically discover all application tiers and back-end services, even when agile development introduces new code.
2. Business Transaction Centric. An APM 2.0 solution should measure the health of what matters to the business – the business transaction. No longer is measuring infrastructure and application component health sufficient to effectively ensure service quality. AppDynamics Transaction Flow Monitoring provides visibility into how each transaction performs as it journeys along the distributed environment, a technique that enables IT Operations to be extremely precise in troubleshooting application problems.
3. Deep Diagnostics. An APM 2.0 solution should be able to deliver deep diagnostics in an “always on” capacity, delivering class and method-level detail without introducing excess overhead in production environments. AppDynamics’ Deep on-Demand Diagnostics enables rapid root cause analysis with no more than 2 percent overhead.
4. Policy Driven. To avoid false alarms, an APM 2.0 solution should accurately distinguish between consistent patterns of poor performance versus one-time anomalies. It should also assess business transaction health by learning each business transaction’s historical performance pattern and comparing it to current performance. AppDynamics’ policy engine and dynamic baselines provide an unmatched level of detection accuracy.
5. Cloud Ready. An APM 2.0 solution should be able to both monitor cloud-deployed applications and leverage elastic computing to create capacity on demand. AppDynamics is the first APM solution with cloud orchestration to enable companies to intelligently scale up and scale down capacity as needed.
In addition to meeting each of these standards, AppDynamics believes that APM 2.0 must be extraordinarily easy to deploy and use. Rather than depend upon a horde of costly consultants, the solution should be ready to deliver value to users within minutes.
New in AppDynamics v2.0
The release of AppDynamics v2.0 continues the wave of innovation with three new features:
Cloud Orchestration. AppDynamics allows users to dynamically provision application resources to respond to real-time demand and service level requirements. By leveraging cloud and virtual infrastructure on an as-needed basis, companies can eliminate the need to over-provision to account for peak loads. Policy-driven workflows can be triggered to automatically address problems and ensure the continuous operation of application services. AppDynamics v2.0 ships with a cloud connector to Amazon EC2 and a set or pre-defined workflow templates to automate application provisioning and configuration.
Deep-on-Demand Diagnostics. APM users want a solution that can accurately distinguish between anomalies and significant performance problems. In addition, they require detailed diagnostics to be automatically available when a problem is detected. To address these needs, AppDynamics v2.0 includes Dynamic Baselines and Performance Pattern Analysis. These two advanced technologies precisely detect significant performance problems and capture detailed diagnostic sessions to speed root cause analysis. AppDynamics’ Dynamic Baselines technology learns the rhythm of an application and its transactions over time, while Performance Pattern Analysis uses advanced heuristics to detect critical performance incidents and capture code-level diagnostics.
Comprehensive Event Coverage. In addition to diagnosing slow response and application errors, AppDynamics v2.0 provides additional coverage for the most common performance problems that IT operations professionals face:
- Memory leaks
- Thread Contention Issues
- Database Connection Pool health
“Application monitoring and management tools are long overdue to catch up to the new world of the cloud, agile development and SOA architecture,” said Steve Roop, vice president of Marketing for AppDynamics. “While legacy APM tools continue to be inefficient and ill-equipped for production environments, application support professionals are still tasked with finding root cause problems fast. With the release of AppDynamics v2.0, IT operations and developers now have a powerful partner to support them in their efforts to maintain application health and performance.”
Pricing for AppDynamics v2.0 starts at $5,000. The product is currently available. Contact the company at http://www.appdynamics.com for more information.
AppDynamics is a next-generation Application Performance Management (APM) company that delivers rapid problem resolution for highly distributed applications through easy-to-use transaction flow monitoring and deep diagnostics. Unlike other APM providers, AppDynamics finds the root cause of performance problems without introducing excess overhead or requiring a complex and costly installation. AppDynamics is also the first APM provider to dynamically scale applications in cloud and virtual environments. For more information, visit http://www.appdynamics.com.
AppDynamics is a trademark of AppDynamics, Inc.
SOURCE AppDynamics, Inc.