Health 2.0 Conference, Oct. 7-8, Announces Final Line-Up: Conference is the Grand Finale of Health Innovation Week.
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ — Health 2.0 announces the final line-up for the 4th annual Health 2.0 Conference in San Francisco, October 7-8. Health 2.0 is the leading showcase of cutting-edge technologies in health care, including Online Communities, Search and lightweight Tools for consumers to manage their health and connect to providers online. The conference is the climax of Health Innovation Week — a week highlighting innovation in health care information technology.
Around a thousand innovators from the worlds of health care and technology will see ground-breaking technology demos, meet government and industry leaders, and hear from over one hundred speakers.
A few agenda highlights include:
- Keynotes from the Godfather of Web 2.0, Tim O’Reilly and America’s leading health futurist, Jeff Goldsmith.
- The introduction of Sharecare. Jeff Arnold, original founder of WebMD, has partnered with Dr. Oz, Discovery, Harpo, Sony and a host of content contributors to create the most anticipated online health offering in years.
- The wraps coming off Castlight Health. CEO Gio Collella has raised $80 million in venture capital and has ambitious aims to change the way we buy healthcare.
- The presentation for the winners of the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge from Federal CTO Aneesh Chopra and the CTO of HHS Todd Park.
- On October 6, a very special pre-conference event dedicated exclusively to the voice of patients and consumers, “Patients 2.0″ will feature presentations from leading, innovative patients.
- The conference will close with a special panel on the new rules for investors in Health 2.0, starring a blue ribbon panel of entrepreneurs and investors.
There will also be special panels on the development of online communities, Health 2.0 for employers and hospitals, and the emerging “Data Utility Layer”–featuring Microsoft, Google Health, WebMD, Kaiser Permanente and much more. For more information, see the full agenda at http://www.health2con.com/sf2010/agenda/
About Health Innovation Week: Health Innovation Week is a week long series of conferences, meetings, and events highlighting innovation in health care information technology. For more details see www.healthinnovationweek.com
About Health 2.0: Health 2.0 showcases cutting-edge technologies in health care. The next Health 2.0 conference is on October 7-8 in San Francisco, the culmination of Health Innovation Week. For more details see www.health2con.com
SOURCE Health 2.0