Cord Blood America CEO Matthew Schissler Discusses Projects in China, South America, ‘Afford-A-Cord,’ and Profitability
LAS VEGAS, Sept. 16 /PRNewswire/ — Cord Blood America, Inc. (http://www.cordblood-america.com) (OTC Bulletin Board: CBAI), the umbilical cord blood stem cell preservation company focused on bringing the life saving potential of stem cells, a biological insurance policy, to families nationwide and internationally, said today that Matthew Schissler, its co-founder and CEO, was interviewed by analyst Francis Gaskins on the Company’s current accomplishments and future business strategies.
The entire interview is available at:
- Progress continues in China, with expectations that a temporary laboratory will be in place this year and the processing of samples can begin in 2010, which will derive revenues for Cord Blood America. The major, permanent, state-of-the-art laboratory being constructed there will be completed in two – three years.
- The Company will close its acquisition of controlling interest in BioCells, Inc., Buenos Aires, Argentina, shortly. “Argentina is a fast growing market and gives us the opportunity to expand throughout South and Central America,” Mr. Schissler said. Also, because the company is profitable, the acquisition will produce positive results for Cord Blood America from the first day. Mr. Schissler said significant translation issues with a large number of documents slowed the process from an August closing.
- “Afford-A-Cord,” which Cord Blood America announced with fanfare in June, which allows families to store their baby’s umbilical cord blood at a significantly reduced rate at the time of birth, has increased in sales each month it has been offered. Mr. Schissler said there is an educational process involved but the Company is very encouraged by results up to this time.
- The collection of placentas by CBAI for a major tissue bank in the U.S. now accounts for five percent of the Company’s revenues, with significant growth expected. “We will continue to focus on adding other revenue diversification programs, which reduces risk and makes our revenue model more secure,” Mr. Schissler said.
- Finally, Cord Blood America’s CEO said, “Profitability is the Company’s number one goal and, once profitable, this will open up larger and better opportunities for CBAI’s future.”
About Cord Blood America
Cord Blood America is the parent company of CorCell, which facilitates umbilical cord blood stem cell preservation for expectant parents and their children. Its mission is to be the most respected stem cell preservation company in the industry. Collected through a safe and non-invasive process, cord blood stem cells offer a powerful and potentially life-saving resource for treating a growing number of ailments, including cancer, leukemia, blood, and immune disorders. To find out more about Cord Blood America, Inc., visit our website at http://www.corcell.com/. For investor information, visit http://www.cordblood-america.com/.
CONTACT: Paul Knopick E & E Communications 949/707-5365 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Cord Blood America, Inc.