GNC Empowers Consumers to Age Well With Exclusive New Line Designed to Proactively Influence Health Destiny
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 18, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — GNC is empowering consumers to age well with a unique new line that enables them to proactively influence their health. The leading global specialty retailer of nutritional products is launching GNC Longevity Factors, GNC’s first and only complete line of nutritional supplements designed to help you age well. The line features clinically tested ingredients to support health and bioavailability enhancement technology to improve the absorption of a key antioxidant important for healthy cell aging. The products are targeted to consumers concerned about maintaining their youthful health as they age. The new line is currently available in GNC stores nationwide and on GNC.com.
“We created the GNC Longevity Factors line specifically to empower adults – including baby boomers — to proactively take control of their health as they age and, ultimately, help them feel as young as they envision themselves,” said Beth Kaplan, President and Chief Merchandising and Marketing Officer, GNC. “This is a unique line of seven nutritional supplements that support very specific aspects of aging. These breakthrough formulas are based on the most recent advances in the science of healthy aging.”
The GNC Longevity Factors line is a direct response to the scientific premise that every individual has the power to influence one’s own health destiny. The line features advanced high potency formulas with powerful polyphenols, such as resveratrol, that work to protect cells from damage, along with clinically researched ingredients to support heart health, eye health, brain health, memory, strength and agility. In developing GNC Longevity Factors, GNC collaborated with Dr. Joseph Maroon, a world renowned neurosurgeon, nutrition expert, and author.
In October of this year Dr. Maroon once again gained national attention when, at age 70 he finished his third Ironman Triathlon World Championship in Kona, Hawaii, beating his prior time by over 20 minutes. He attributes his intense workout regimen coupled with extensive nutritional supplementation as providing not only physical endurance, but the youthful mental endurance and improved focus needed in his profession as a neurosurgeon.
“The GNC Longevity Factors line enables individuals to take the proactive steps necessary to affect positive change in their bodies,” said Dr. Joseph Maroon. “Specifically, many of the products can positively activate genes, located in every cell of our body, to support overall health. The line is a wonderful tool in helping us age well and live healthier lives.”
The GNC Longevity Factors line includes:
- Healthy Aging Program: a complete daily pak with six key elements that support healthy aging, including a premium multivitamin, triple strength fish oil, memory formula and 500 mg resveratrol for cell-aging defense.
- Heart Health: maintains healthy cholesterol, blood pressure and circulation and supports overall heart health. The product includes phytosterols, which have been shown to help block cholesterol absorption.
- Cellular Antioxidant Defense: fights premature cell aging with a high-potency blend of antioxidants, including 500 mg of resveratrol, polyphenols, and vitamin D-3 to protect cells and DNA against free radicals and defy cell aging.
- Energy Enhancer: this caffeine-free, clinically studied energy formula invigorates your body with antioxidants and an amino acid complex that supports your body’s natural energy levels. The product features polyphenols, which can help combat the free radicals associated with cell-aging.
- Eye Health: features a blend of powerful carotenoids, including lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene, to support healthy vision.
- Strength & Agility: a unique formula with more protein and fiber to maintain muscle tone to keep you strong and active.
- Memory Formula: keeps your memory healthy with turmeric acid and high potency huperzine.
GNC, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., is a leading global specialty retailer of nutritional products including vitamin, mineral, herbal and other specialty supplements and sports nutrition, diet and energy products. As of March 31, 2010, GNC has more than 7,000 locations, of which more than 5,450 retail locations are in the United States (including 901 franchise and 1,923 Rite Aid franchise store-within-a-store locations) and franchise operations in 49 countries. The Company — which is dedicated to helping consumers Live Well — also offers products and product information online at www.gnc.com.
About Joseph Maroon
Joseph C. Maroon, M.D., is a world renowned neurosurgeon, and team neurosurgeon for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is regarded as a premiere specialist in the surgical treatment of injuries and diseases of the brain and spine, particularly with microscopic and minimally invasive procedures. He has researched and written extensively on nutritional topics and has recently authored two books, Fish Oil: the Natural Anti-Inflammatory, and The Longevity Factor. Dr. Maroon has successfully maintained his personal athletic interests through participation in 9 marathons and more than 70 Olympic-distance triathlon events, including six international Ironman triathlons.