HollyRod Foundation Announces ‘Give the Gift of Voice’ Holiday Campaign
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 19, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Actress, author, philanthropist, and current co-host of CBS’ “THE TALK”, Holly Robinson Peete, and husband, retired NFL quarterback and author, Rodney Peete who co-founded HollyRod announce the 2010 holiday campaign “Give the Gift of Voice.”
One in 110 children are diagnosed with autism. “Give the Gift of Voice” will benefit children on the autism spectrum that can’t speak or have severe difficulty communicating, yet have so much to say. HollyRod Foundation would like to help give a voice to those children by buying the Apple iPad along with specially designed software that gives those children the ability to communicate.
The campaign will run from Tuesday, November 16th through Friday, December 31st. Donations received during this time will go directly towards the purchase of iPads and apps to be donated to families in need nation wide. Text “HollyRod” to 27138 to make your donation or visit www.hollyrod.org
Sponsorship opportunities are available.
Eligibility requirements for families to apply:
- The individual you are applying for must have a diagnosis on the autism spectrum (as identified in diagnosis report).
- Reside in the United States of America.
- Be non-verbal or minimally verbal (as identified in speech pathology report).
- Be in financial need: Gross yearly income not greater than $50,000 (as identified by documentation).
- Have access to a computer and an iTunes account (some programs must be downloaded on a computer and transferred to the iPad due to size).
- A professional on your team (i.e., speech pathologist, doctor, teacher) must be willing to take responsibility of the gift card that downloads the applications
HollyRod Foundation Mission
The HollyRod Foundation is dedicated to providing medical, physical and emotional support to those living with Autism and Parkinson’s disease. Efforts of the HollyRod Foundation are providing a better quality of life for individuals and their families. HollyRod was inspired Holly’s father’s battle with Parkinson’s Disease. After their eldest son RJ’s diagnosis, the Peete’s added Autism to their mission. For more information, visit www.hollyrod.org.
SOURCE HollyRod Foundation