Crest Oral-B Launch Award Program to Recognize ‘Pros In The Profession’ and Introduce a New Clinical Pro-Health(TM) System for Gingivitis
CINCINNATI, Nov. 29, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — CrestÃ‚® Oral-BÃ‚® is recognizing Registered Dental Hygienists who go above and beyond the call of duty daily with their new ‘Pros in the Profession’ award program. Throughout the year, Crest Oral-B will reward five deserving professionals, as nominated by their peers, who truly make an impact on patients and for the oral health cause.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/crest/46944/
“At Crest Oral-B we understand how essential dental hygienists are to the profession and the important part they play in their patients’ lives,” said Wendy Bebey, RDH, BS, P&G Professional & Academic Relations, Northeast Region. “With Pros in the Profession, we will now be able to officially recognize their dedication to oral care and I’m excited to have these dental hygienists join me in representing our field.”
From September 2010 to April 2011, nominations can be submitted via dentalcare.com/prosintheprofession or at the Crest Oral-B booth at upcoming dental conventions. Nominations should be submitted by dentists, fellow hygienists, dental assistants, professional colleagues and collegiate colleagues conveying why their nominee is a true Pro. In order to be considered for the program, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Registered Dental Hygienists with 2+ years of practice experience after graduation from dental hygiene school.
- Registered Dental Hygienists with community service involvement.
- General volunteer/non-oral health-specific examples welcome, but oral health-related volunteer experience preferred.
- Registered Dental Hygienists with examples of work that goes above and beyond the call of duty.
- Examples include: excellent patient relations/special care/retainment, involvement in research and/or clinical experience, published work, ability to generate additional business for their practice.
- Registered Dental Hygienists with additional CE credits over state requirements.
Pros in the Profession winners will receive a $1,500 monetary prize, VIP all-expense-paid trip to ADHA’s 88th Annual Session in Nashville, a pampering spa experience, an award and recognition at major conferences throughout the year. Plus, an exclusive trip to P&G headquarters! So, those who know a worthy Pro should help give them the recognition they deserve and nominate them today.
Furthermore, to arm all dental offices with the tools they need to be a pro to their patients, Crest Oral-B is introducing the NEW Clinical PRO-HEALTHÃ‚® SYSTEM for Gingivitis, clinically tested to virtually eliminate gingivitis.(1)
“We developed the Clinical PRO-HEALTHÃ‚® SYSTEM for Gingivitis. The system includes Crest Pro-Health Clinical Gum Protection toothpaste, with newly balanced stabilized stannous fluoride chemistry that provides an increase in antibacterial power, resulting in our highest level of protection against plaque bacteria that cause gingivitis and helps reverse it after four weeks of regular use,” said Dr. Robert Gerlach, DDS, MPH, Research Fellow, P&G Worldwide Clinical Investigations. “With this new system for Gingivitis we have found in a clinical study an extraordinary 95% reduction in the number of bleeding sites after 6 weeks of treatment when compared to control group that used regular anti-cavity toothpaste and soft manual toothbrush after a dental prophylaxis at baseline(1).” To break the cycle of this all too prevalent disease, CrestÃ‚® Oral-BÃ‚® is introducing a regimen specially designed for patients with recurring gingivitis.
The Clinical PRO-HEALTH SYSTEM for Gingivitis helps break the cycle of gingival inflammation and gingival bleeding for improved oral health in patients with mild to moderate, persistent gingivitis. The System is comprised of the following products:
- Oral-BÃ‚® ProfessionalCareÃ‚® SmartSeries(TM) 5000 Electric Toothbrush with oscillating-rotating technology, and SmartGuide, which encourages compliance
- New Oral-BÃ‚® GlideÃ‚® PRO-HEALTHÃ‚® Clinical Protection for Professionals Floss – the most advanced GlideÃ‚® Floss
- New CrestÃ‚® PRO-HEALTHÃ‚® Clinical Gum Protection Toothpaste with stabilized stannous fluoride
- Our most advanced toothpaste with the highest level of protection against plaque bacteria that cause gingivitis
- Also protects against sensitivity pain
- CrestÃ‚® PRO-HEALTHÃ‚® Multi-Protection Rinse with CPC that kills 99% of germs(2)
For more information about the NEW Clinical PRO-HEALTHÃ‚® SYSTEM for Gingivitis or to order, call your Crest/Oral-B sales representative or 1-800- 543-2577. To learn more about Pros in the Profession, including how to nominate a Pro for consideration and for rules & regulations, please visit www.dentalcare.com/prosintheprofession.
About Procter & Gamble
Four billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world. The company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including PampersÃ‚®, TideÃ‚®, ArielÃ‚®, AlwaysÃ‚®, WhisperÃ‚®, PanteneÃ‚®, Mach3Ã‚®, BountyÃ‚®, DawnÃ‚®, GainÃ‚®, PringlesÃ‚®, CharminÃ‚®, DownyÃ‚®, LenorÃ‚®, IamsÃ‚®, CrestÃ‚®, Oral-BÃ‚®, DuracellÃ‚®, OlayÃ‚®, Head & ShouldersÃ‚®, WellaÃ‚®, GilletteÃ‚®, BraunÃ‚® and FusionÃ‚®. The P&G community includes approximately 135,000 employees working in about 80 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.
Oral-B is the worldwide leader in the over $5 billion brushing market. Part of the Procter & Gamble Company, the brand includes manual and power toothbrushes for children and adults, oral irrigators and interdental products, such as dental floss. Oral-B manual toothbrushes are used by more dentists than any other brand in the U.S. and many international markets.
A trusted leader in oral health, Crest was the first oral care brand to secure the ADA Seal of Acceptance for a clinically proven fluoride toothpaste. Since first introducing fluoride toothpaste 54 years ago, it is estimated that Crest has helped prevent more than half a billion cavities in the United States. Headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, Crest is owned and distributed by Procter & Gamble.
(1) Six-week clinical results with NEW Crest PRO-HEALTH Clinical Gum Protection Toothpaste, NEW Oral-B Glide PRO-HEALTH Clinical Protection for Professionals Floss, and Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries 5000 Electric Toothbrush with SmartGuide - not included is the Crest PRO-HEALTH Multi-Protection Rinse. (2) In laboratory tests
Media Contact: Emily Hendricks (212) 468-3323 Emily.Hendricks@mslgroup.com
SOURCE Crest Oral-B