Pepto-Bismol and Ken Jeong Partner Together to Spotlight Party Under-Indulgence This Holiday Season
CINCINNATI, Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Pepto-Bismol announced today a very important initiative it will be taking on this holiday season: eradicating holiday party under-indulgence. With the launch of a national TV spot and web videos starring actor Ken Jeong, Pepto-Bismol aims to increase awareness about this common buzz kill at all holiday parties and help to cover those who do choose to indulge in holiday party food and drink.
You’ve seen it before at your office holiday party: the guy in accounting who says “no” to all passed hors d’oeuvres because he just can’t allow himself to indulge and fully embrace the holiday spirit. Or maybe you’re more familiar with the girl at your friend’s annual ugly sweater party who leaves before the yummy homemade dessert buffet is set up. Enter team Pepto-Bismol with Ken Jeong to put the spotlight on this silliness and encourage people to indulge normally and have a little more fun this season.
“Under-indulgent tummies are as dead as a condemned disco club,” said Ken Jeong, viral video phenom and actor known for his roles in NBC’s Community, The Hangover, and Knocked Up. “Enjoying your holiday parties includes enjoying various meats and treats. Normal indulging is fine and if you occasionally overdo it, Pepto has you covered*.”
Pepto-Bismol offers the following search-and-rescue tactics to liberate under-indulgers everywhere this season:
- To locate the offender, avert your eyes from the buffet! Under-indulgers often lurk at the edge of a party, avoiding all contact with fun food and drink.
- Fill a plate with the most delectable goodies and prepare to present it to the under-indulger. Just don’t forget to soften the blow with a multitude of compliments (Try: My, that’s a festive sweater! Are those real jingle bells?).
- After that first bite goes down and a smile creeps over his face, you know you’ve succeeded. Now support your new indulgent friend and help him enjoy.
- Hug it out! Celebrate your friend’s return to the land of normal holiday party indulgence with song and dance.
- For anyone who gets carried away and overindulges, reach for the pink stuff – Pepto’s got you covered* for any of your holiday overindulgences.
These tactics should help you in all your efforts to spread good holiday cheer and liberate party under-indulgers. To view the web videos that feature Ken Jeong’s advice, go to the Pepto-Bismol Facebook page at www.facebook.com/peptobismol.
Pepto-Bismol is the only leading brand that can provide soothing relief for five different stomach symptoms: nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach and diarrhea. Manufactured and distributed by Procter & Gamble, Pepto-Bismol is available in multiple forms and flavors: liquid, chewables, caplets, InstaCool, Cherry and Original flavor, Regular and Maximum. The brand also offers Children’s Pepto Antacid. For additional information, please visit www.pepto-bismol.com.
About Procter and Gamble
Four billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world. The company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including PampersÃ‚®, TideÃ‚®, ArielÃ‚®, AlwaysÃ‚®, WhisperÃ‚®, PanteneÃ‚®, Mach3Ã‚®, BountyÃ‚®, DawnÃ‚®, GainÃ‚®, PringlesÃ‚®, CharminÃ‚®, DownyÃ‚®, LenorÃ‚®, IamsÃ‚®, CrestÃ‚®, Oral-BÃ‚®, DuracellÃ‚®, OlayÃ‚®, Head & ShouldersÃ‚®, WellaÃ‚®, GilletteÃ‚®, BraunÃ‚® and FusionÃ‚®. The P&G community includes approximately 135,000 employees working in about 80 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.
*Use as directed
SOURCE Procter & Gamble