IntelligentWhitelisting.com Delivers Expert Insights and Answers to IT Professionals Questions on Application Whitelisting Technologies
New forum brings together IT experts, industry thought leaders, and leading developers to establish a resource for IT professionals to explore the use and adoption of application whitelisting technology as part of a proactive network security strategy
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) December 2, 2010
IntelligentWhitelisting.com, a new online forum focused on addressing the growing need for dialogue around the inclusion of application whitelisting as part of a proactive endpoint security strategy, was formally launched today. Sponsored by Lumension®, a global leader in endpoint management and security, IntelligentWhitelisting.com was developed to bring industry experts, thought leaders, and developers together within an independent, social and collaborative forum that supports IT professionals’ need for information and education regarding the use of application control and whitelisting as an effective and efficient protector in today’s modern enterprise.
A network security community, Intelligentwhitelisting.com is a forum for discussing the current and future threat landscape and debates the role application whitelisting can and should play. Conversation is jumpstarted by intelligent perspectives and thought-provoking insights from leading IT security thought leaders, and experts including:
- Rich Mogull and Mike Rothman, Securosis analysts and bloggers;
- Richard Stiennon, IT-Harvest analyst and blogger;
- Larry Seltzer, contributing editor of PC Magazine and author of Security Watch blog;
- Eric Ogren, founder, The Ogren Group;
- Paul Henry, forensic analyst, Lumension;
- Toney Jennings, CEO, CoreTrace.
All contributors bring a unique slant on the evolution of application whitelisting and how to make it actionable and effective within a modern day endpoint security strategy. Topics to be explored include the technology’s ability to guard against attacks like Stuxnet and Zeus, how it protects dynamic endpoints in a way that doesn’t overburden IT staff or impede employee productivity, and how technological advances enable it to integrate with other tools such as antivirus and patch management.
Larry Selzer, contributing editor of PC Magazine and author of Security Watch blog
- ”Security experts have long preferred application whitelisting solutions to blacklists in the abstract. Application whitelists can’t be overwhelmed by attack volume, as anti-malware products often are. It’s time to work towards moving application whitelisting into the mainstream of enterprise security and I hope we can help to do that.”
Paul Henry, security and forensic analyst, Lumension
- ”In an age of obsolete signature-based antivirus and ever-increasing zero day threats, whitelisting stands out as the clear choice for building a solid defense against current threats. Organizations need to have better awareness and education on the recent advances in application whitelisting technology that positions the technology for greater adoption and use within company IT environments. This forum will allow users to cut through the marketing hype, ask questions, and discuss the merits and challenges associated with application control/ whitelisting solutions in endpoint IT environments.”
C. Edward Brice, SVP Worldwide Marketing, Lumension
- ”Our goal in supporting the development of IntelligentWhitelisting.com was to provide an independent, social and collaborative forum free from vendor speak, where IT professionals can receive and consider different points of view, ask questions about the use of and adoption of application whitelisting within their endpoint environments, while debating differing points of view and sharing experiences with their peers. We have welcomed several industry experts, thought leaders and competitors, to actively engage in the conversation with a goal to gain perspective and encourage the increasing adoption of application whitelisting as key underpinning in a modern day IT security strategy.”
Intelligentwhitelisting.com is an open forum for application whitelisting and the security technology’s evolving ability to safeguard dynamic endpoints effectively and efficiently. It is brought to you by Lumension®. Recognizing the growing need for dialogue around application whitelisting, Lumension created this collaborative platform whereby varying thoughts and opinions may be shared. Participation by some bloggers on this site has been sponsored by Lumension however opinions expressed here are not always shared by Lumension. Comment freely on the site and/or email blog(at)intelligentwhitelisting(dot)com if you are interested in blogging for the site.
# # #
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebapplication/whitelisting/prweb4854814.htm