MedShape Solutions, Inc. Showcases Breakthrough ACL Reconstruction Technology at The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting
February 14, 2011
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ –
- MedShape will be demonstrating the recently introduced ExoShape(TM) interference fixation device for ACL reconstruction that preserves soft tissue graft orientation, provides superior graft protection, and class-leading fixation.
- ExoShape(TM) CL, a two-part PEEK Altera(TM) interference fixation device simplifies and improves soft tissue graft fixation during anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstructive surgery. The product was recently used successfully for the first time in a knee ligament reconstruction procedure performed by Champ L. Baker, Jr., M.D., at the Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital in Phenix City, Alabama.
- ExoShape’s design supports the evolution of reconstruction techniques to more accurately replicate complex native ACL functionality. This unique fixation device features a non-rotational deployment technique that preserves the surgeon’s desired soft tissue graft bundle orientation and tension during single-tunnel double-bundle procedures, eliminating undesirable variables common to previous techniques.
- Demonstration of the device in the booth and animation of the procedure featured.
- Medical representatives on site to provide answers to surgical technique questions.
Where San Diego Conference Center Hall H Booth 5645 Who Kurt Jacobus, President and CEO Ken Gall, CTO Jim Lorenzo, VP Sales Rick Leach, VP Marketing Jimmy Blanchard, Regional Sales Manager Bob Jacobs, Regional Sales Manager Kathryn Smith, Post Doctoral Scientist What Doctors Are Saying "I was impressed with the performance of the ExoShape device. I believe that many surgeons will recognize the significant benefits of the ExoShape device and will adopt it for their soft tissue fixation procedures." --Champ L. Baker, Jr., M.D, Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital, Phenix City, Alabama Note: Dr. Baker used ExoShape successfully in a knee ligament reconstruction procedure. "I find the shape memory polymer technology very appealing. MedShape is able to design and manufacture biocompatible fixation devices that easily change shape inside the body. This material capability allows simplified device insertion followed by active expansion for excellent fixation." -- Geoffrey Higgs, M.D. About MedShape MedShape Solutions, Inc. is a privately held medical device company focused on developing orthopedic devices from proprietary shape memory technology. In June 2010, the company's initial product, the MORPHIX(TM) Suture Anchor, received the prestigious Gold Award at the Medical Device + Design Excellence Awards (MDEA) meeting, based on its superior design and proprietary shape memory polymer. For more information about how MedShape is Shaping the Future of Orthopedics(TM), visit www.medshape.com.
Media Contacts: Jenn Harrison Carabiner Communications 678.313.3438 email@example.com Angela McMahon Carabiner Communications 404.543.9636 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE MedShape Solutions, Inc.