An Easier Way to Breathe Better – ICAP Ocean Tomo Announces an Advanced Medical Inhaler Design
CHICAGO, March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Developed by inventor John Vito and represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo, the assets available for auction in this lot disclose an advanced medical inhaler design that is both more accurate and more convenient for the user.
The patents will be auctioned off at ICAP Ocean Tomo’s Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
The patents disclose the following:
- A compact, extendable spacer device which extends outwardly and closes inwardly relative to the housing of the aerosol canister housing, to further preserve compactness the aerosol canister reciprocates upward as the spacer parts move inward, this greatly reduces the respiratory drug delivery device to about the size of a commercial inhaler without a spacer. This device is designed to utilize a medication aerosol canister. These characteristics enable the device to be pocket size and easily carried on their person.
- This device will enable the user to have the best of both worlds, the benefits of a spacer and its medication, while increasing patient compliance and enabling the convenient and correct administration of aerosol medications.
- The disclosed device can be used for a variety of applications, including administration of pulmonary drug delivery, and treating chest related diseases.
- The inhaler’s compact structure facilitates the convenient administration of drugs.
- The inhaler comprises a hollow housing for receiving and dispensing medication, wherein the housing comprises an aerosol medication container and a nozzle segment for spraying the medication into a patient’s mouth or nose.
- The nozzle portion includes a flexible spacer that can acquire different shapes within the same cross sectional area of the nozzle. This reduces both the length of the nozzle and the size of the inhaler.
- The inhaler is more compact and portable than conventional devices. It does not require any external attachments or components for effective drug delivery.
The disclosed technology offers the following opportunities:
- The global market for pulmonary drug delivery techniques was estimated to be $19.1 billion in 2010, while the global market for metered dose inhalers (MDI) was nearly $10.5 billion in 2007.(1)
- This lot should be of interest to pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers and healthcare service providers.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world’s premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world’s premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo