Clinical Studies Results of Uroplasty Products Scheduled for Presentation at Three Professional Meetings
MINNETONKA, Minn., April 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ – Uroplasty, Inc. (NASDAQ: UPI), a medical device company that develops, manufactures and markets innovative proprietary products to treat voiding dysfunctions, today announced that the results of clinical studies using Uroplasty’s UrgentÃ‚® PC Neuromodulation System and MacroplastiqueÃ‚® urethral bulking agent products are scheduled to be presented at three upcoming professional meetings. The meetings include the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Annual Meeting in Washington DC, May 1 – 4; the American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Meeting in Washington DC, May 14 -17; and the American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS) Annual Meeting in Vancouver, Canada, May 14 -18.
“There is a growing body of clinical evidence in support of our Urgent PC and Macroplastique products,” said David Kaysen, President and CEO of Uroplasty. “This new data, along with previously published studies, confirms the efficacy and safety of both our products for the treatment of patients who suffer daily with overactive bladder or stress urinary incontinence.”
- Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation vs. Validated Sham in those Exposed to Pharmacologic Therapy presented by Dr. Denise Elser, Illinois Urogynecology, Oak Lawn, IL
- Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS) and the Effect on Fecal Incontinence* presented by Dr. Craig McCoy, Central Missouri Women’s Healthcare, Marshall, MO
- Insight into Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation: Critical Evaluation of the SUmiT Trial presented by Dr. Kenneth M. Peters, Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI
- Long-term Durability of Polydimethylsiloxane Injection for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence Correlates with Histopathology presented by Dr. Gamal Ghoniem, Cleveland Clinic, Weston, FL
- Treatment Interval Frequency of Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation: Preliminary Results from the STEP study presented by Dr. Scott A. MacDiarmid, Alliance Urology Specialists, Greensboro, NC
- Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation and Effect on Fecal Incontinence: Results from Two Recent Overactive Bladder Trials* presented by Dr. Steven Siegel, Metro Urology, Woodbury, MN.
- A Prospective, Single-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Study into the Role of Percutaneous and Transcutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation for Fecal Incontinence* presented by Dr. Anil George, St. Mark’s Hospital, London, UK
- Predictive Factors for Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation for Fecal Incontinence* presented by Dr. Anil George, St. Mark’s Hospital, London
* Fecal incontinence is not currently an FDA cleared indication for PTNS in the U.S.
Uroplasty, Inc., headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota, with wholly-owned subsidiaries in The Netherlands and the United Kingdom, is a medical device company that develops, manufactures and markets innovative proprietary products for the treatment of voiding dysfunctions. Our focus is the continued commercialization of our UrgentÃ‚® PC Neuromodulation System, the only FDA-cleared neuromodulation system that delivers posterior tibial nerve stimulation (PTNS) for the office-based treatment of overactive bladder and associated symptoms of urgency, frequency and urge incontinence. We also offer MacroplastiqueÃ‚® Implants, an injectable urethral bulking agent for the treatment of adult female stress urinary incontinence primarily due to intrinsic sphincter deficiency. For more information on the company and its products, please visit Uroplasty, Inc. at www.uroplasty.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that reflect our best estimates regarding future events that could affect our financial performance. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from our anticipated results. We discuss in detail the factors that may affect the achievement of our forward-looking statements in our Annual Report and on Form 10-K filed with the SEC. We cannot be certain that any of the other risks identified in our 10-K will not adversely affect our expectations as described in these forward-looking statements.
Investor Relations Company Contact: Contacts: Media Contact: Uroplasty, Inc. EVC Group, Inc. EVC Group, Inc. Doug Sherk/Jenifer Chris Gale/ Steve David Kaysen, CEO Kirtland DiMattia (952) 426-6140 (415) 896-2005 (646) 201-5431 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Uroplasty, Inc.