Bump Club and Beyond Births Its First ‘Preggos Speak’ Survey
CHICAGO, May 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — This spring, Bump Club and Beyond, Chicagoland’s largest social event group for moms and moms-to-be, welcomes their newest bundle of joy into the world – a comprehensive survey about what matters most to pregnant women.
The “Preggos Speak” Survey gets to the heart of the questions expectant moms have about pregnancy health and wellness, labor and delivery, post-partum recovery, newborn care, and the best baby gear.
Top findings of the nearly 200 respondents to the survey include:
- Preggos are staying in shape! Ninety percent of Chicagoland expectant moms are engaged in a pre-natal fitness program.
- Baby matters most. The top concern (56 percent of respondents) of preggos during labor and delivery is the health of their baby.
- Feed me! Overall, expectant moms need more information about how to take care of their newborns – 41 percent surveyed have breastfeeding concerns.
- Big Box stores still rule. Even with the proliferation of baby boutiques, over 50 percent of expectant moms preferred to register at big box stores.
- Beyond the bump. Eighty-seven percent of respondents say they will continue with Bump Club and Beyond programming after their babies are born.
“Connecting moms and moms-to-be with one another remains my number one goal,” Lindsay Pinchuk, founder of Bump Club and Beyond says. “Having this detailed information at our disposal helps us to connect even further with our amazing members.”
Knowing that expectant moms are clamoring for more information about their pre-and post-natal lives, Bump Club and Beyond is shaping its programming accordingly. During the month of May, BCB is exclusively partnering with Pregnancy Awareness MonthÃ‚® (PAM), a month-long educational campaign designed to educate and support pregnant women.
Bump Club and Beyond’s marquis PAM event, “The Best of Bump Club and Beyond” will be held on Saturday, May 21, 2011 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum and will feature a keynote address from Alan Fields, best-selling author of Baby Bargains and BCB’s top resident experts on feeding, sleep, nutrition and child care. In addition, there will be over $10,000 worth of giveaways from sponsors including Similac, Lifeway Kefir, Britax, UPPABaby, Stokke, Summer Infant, and many more.
Founded in March 2010, Bump Club and Beyond is the first and only social event company in Chicago where moms and moms-to-be connect. With over 2,000 active members, Bump Club and Beyond sold out over 60 events within its first 8 months and shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. Bump Club and Beyond partners with some of the nation’s top baby brands including Fit Pregnancy, The Bump, Stokke, Britax and more. For more information please visit: http://bumpclubandbeyond.com.
Pregnancy Awareness MonthÃ‚® features a variety of brands, specialists and experts in the field of pregnancy, motherhood and children. PAM was established in 2008 by author & holistic lifestyle expert Anna Getty and producer & mompreneur Alisa Donner. Their mission is to empower, inspire and build a community of support for expectant women and families. The month-long campaign focuses on four key initiatives: education, exercise, nutrition & wellness and nurture.
SOURCE Bump Club and Beyond