“Skincare News” Presents Makeup Tips for Business Dress Code
Need some tips on makeup looks for the workplace? Afraid of appearing overdone? Discover how to achieve an office-worthy face that’s appropriate for the nine-to-five professional.
Sacramento, CA (PRWEB) May 02, 2011
A polished look is essential to a professional appearance, and it starts with a sensible makeup routine. Oftentimes, wearing too little makeup ““ or none at all ““ can look unprofessional. On the other hand, wearing bold shades of eye shadow and lipstick may be too sultry for everyday fare. Learn how any woman can put her best face forward the minute she arrives at the office in Skincare-News.com’s latest article, “Makeup Looks for the Office.”
The natural-looking face
Achieving the “natural” look with makeup can be tricky. Sometimes a makeup look intended to look natural can leave behind a complexion that’s pale or dull. The secret behind a natural complexion that glows is a smart makeup routine that embraces the right blend of shades and textures to highlight a woman’s natural features.
- Foundation: Use a sponge to apply a sheer layer all over the face. Dab a little concealer over any imperfections.
- Eyeliner: Apply just enough eyeliner to make the eyes pop, making sure the lines don’t go outside the eyelids. Consider using a more conservative medium-brown or black/brown shade to create a softer look.
- Mascara: Give lashes a little definition with dark brown or soft black mascara. Apply it with a fan brush instead of a mascara tool to keep it from clumping.
- Tinted lip gloss: Choose a fairly neutral shade of tinted lip gloss for a subtle pop of color. Gloss looks more realistic on your face, fades more evenly than lipstick and is easier to re-apply throughout the day.
Playing up the natural look
Some work-related events, like presentations or meetings, might merit a more striking, sophisticated look. Learn how to draw attention to eyes and lips while still keeping a look professional and work-appropriate.
- Eye shadow: Switch out neutral shades for shadows with a little more vibrancy. Hues in plum, silvery grey or medium-brown draw more attention to eyes while still looking subdued enough for work.
- Lips: Women can get away with a bit of a bolder look when it comes to lips. Going shiny and bright rather than dark and mysterious keeps a makeup look office-appropriate.
See the complete guide to natural, sophisticated makeup tips for the workplace at Skincare-News.com.
Skincare-News.com consistently covers all skincare and beauty topics from head to toe. Check out these latest articles:
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook ““ Part 12: Natural Skincare
For anyone who’s ever wondered about making the shift to a more natural lifestyle, but wasn’t sure where to start, this section of our FAQ Handbook can help. Get educated on natural ingredients like aloe vera, vitamin C and pomegranate, plus get tips on DIY remedies, essential oils and ways to “green” your lifestyle. Chapter 12 of the Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook offers excellent tips on refining one’s beauty routine to reflect key changes, such as using more eco-friendly options or integrating DIY treatments into a current regimen. Find out more about the benefits of natural beauty choices.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook ““ Part 10: Makeup
Makeup can be a great way to amplify natural beauty and conceal flaws, but for most people, learning the cosmetic ropes takes practice. Even for those who only wear makeup on occasion, learning what works and what doesn’t is key to a polished look. Use Part 10 of the Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook to demystify cosmetics like primers and mineral makeup, and create the best makeup regimen for individual skin types and lifestyle. Plus, see answers to questions on application tips, proper makeup and brush storage, and tricks for creating a glowing complexion.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook ““ Part 7: Cosmetic Procedures
Got a skin issue that requires more than topical treatment? It might be time to consider the benefits of cosmetic procedures. Before going to a professional, check out Part 7 of our Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook. Find out how professional treatments can help you achieve long-term results for dark circles, wrinkles, spider veins and hair removal. Learn what kinds of treatments can deliver the biggest benefits you want, plus important information on caring for skin post-procedure.
About Skincare-News.com”””Your Source for Intelligent Skin Care”
Skincare-News.com is the online source for consumers seeking intelligent beauty and skin care news, advice, tips and articles. Founded in 2005, Skincare-News.com features articles, news items and frequently asked questions on skincare and beauty-related issues. Skincare-News.com is located in Sacramento, California, but receives visitors from all around the world. For more information, visit http://www.skincare-news.com.
# # #
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2011/5/prweb8362767.htm