MDOUTLOOKÂ® 4th Annual Quick Polls From ASCO 2011: Report on Clinical Impact of New Developments in Cancer Therapeutics
ATLANTA, June 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — MDOUTLOOKÃ‚®, the global oncology intelligence initiative powered by The Arcas Group, announced results from 4th Annual Quick Poll research launched immediately following this month’s annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) in Chicago. These Quick Polls expand on previous Quick Polls carried out after the past 3 ASCO annual meetings, as well as similar efforts after the American Society of Hematology (ASH) annual meetings and the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS).
Within one week, 515 cancer treaters in 38 countries responded to 4 individual Quick Polls on melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), gastrointestinal (GI) cancers and genitourinary (GU) cancers. This is the first market feedback available post-ASCO. Some of the highlights from this significant research study include:
- News from ASCO impacts the entire oncology community. A wide variety of sources are used to learn about the important news from this conference.
- The novel targeted agents vemurafenib and ipilimumab will become the standards of care for malignant melanoma. More than half of all patients with malignant melanoma are expected to receive one if not both of these agents.
- Physicians are excited about the identification of specific NSCLC patient subpopulations who will respond to crizotinib, erlotinib, or MetMab.
- Following their recent regulatory approvals, worldwide use of everolimus and sunitinib for pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (PNET) will greatly increase.
- There is not a consistent approach to the continued use of anti-angiogenic therapy after progression in stage IV colorectal cancer. Physicians are eagerly awaiting the results of definitive clinical trials which are due in the near future.
- Axitinib is expected to be the most common 2nd line therapy following sunitinib for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC). However, clinicians use a personalized approach in this setting.
- The clinical landscape for prostate cancer is undergoing a dramatic shift due to a number of new therapeutics; some of which have been recently approved and others still under clinical development.
- The primary clinical trial endpoint reported influences the integration of research into clinical practice.
Members of the MDOUTLOOK Strategy Council reflected that these results “validate the expected change in physician decision-making” and that “it will be interesting to follow-up on a regular basis to track these changes.”
Jan Heybroek, President of The Arcas Group, LLC, which powers MDOUTLOOK commented: “These Quick Polls perfectly demonstrate the ability of MDOUTLOOK to rapidly and in a targeted manner capture the views of validated cancer physicians around the world, and turn this into actionable intelligence.”
Full copies of the 4th Annual MDOUTLOOK Quick Polls from ASCO are available upon request.
MDOUTLOOK was developed with a singular focus: improved understanding of complex diseases leading to better patient care. Over 52,000 medical oncology professionals have opted into a network of their peers through the MDOUTLOOK online platform to share information such as preferred treatment regimens for complex diseases and de-identified patient logs, as well as the factors that play a part in their clinical decision-making.
Physician members of MDOUTLOOK benefit by having access to data on how other clinicians manage difficult cases and how they are adapting to changes in the industry, ranging from the introduction of new drugs or treatment modalities, to the rising costs of certain treatments. For many physicians, MDOUTLOOK also serves as a patient registry.
MDOUTLOOK is guided by a Strategy Council of globally recognized experts: Alexander Eggermont, MD, PhD; Keith Flaherty, MD; William Gradishar, MD; Axel Hauschild, MD; Peter Heald, MD; John Kirkwood, MD; Sagar Lonial, MD; Lauren Pinter-Brown, MD; Joyce O’Shaughnessy, MD; Nicholas Thatcher, MD; and Alan Venook, MD.
MDOUTLOOK delivers life-sciences clients real-time ThoughtLeader and clinician-driven analysis, intelligence and insight into oncology clinical practice (www.thearcasgroup.com/mdoutlook).
About The Arcas Group
The Arcas Group is a strategic life sciences marketing organization with a singular focus: Supporting the commercial success of its clients in the continuum of life sciences marketing – from marketing intelligence to strategy development and implementation – through enhanced connectivity with ThoughtLeaders and Clinicians. MDOUTLOOK is a key offering that is highly valued by its rapidly expanding base of clients.
For more information, please visit The Arcas Group’s website at www.thearcasgroup.com.
SOURCE The Arcas Group, LLC