Health News Archive - December 26, 2005
By Megan Rauscher NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Women who have very high levels of the inflammatory marker C-reactive protein (CRP) early in pregnancy run the risk of delivering before term, according to a study reported in American Journal of Epidemiology.
By HAYMAN, Kamala Intellectually disabled people in Christchurch face a "horrendous" five-month wait to get help for mental health problems such as depression.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.