Health News Archive - February 02, 2009
MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Walden University's M.S.
JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind., Feb. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Pet advocates are encouraging pet owners to focus on their dog's or cat's oral health during National Pet Dental Health Month this February.
Chemotherapy is an integral part of modern cancer treatment, but it's not always effective. Successful chemotherapy depends on the ability of anticancer drugs to escape from the bloodstream through the leaky blood vessels that often surround tumors.
AGAWAM, Mass., Feb.
Hollow gold nanospheres equipped with a targeting peptide find melanoma cells, penetrate them deeply, and then cook the tumor when bathed with near-infrared light, a research team led by scientists at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center reported in the Feb. 1 issue of Clinical Cancer Research
Research results with animal testing encouraging BELGRADE, Serbia, Feb.
New Poll Shows Strong Support for Cigarette Tax To Reduce Youth Smoking and Address the State's Healthcare Needs RICHMOND, Va., Feb.
VICTORIA, British Columbia, Feb. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Agresso has followed up its $1 million+ Emeritus Corporation deal with another win in the health care sector.
A new study makes important new findings on the role of hormone use on the risk of breast cancer, confirming that the use of estrogen plus progesterone increases the risk of both ductal and lobular breast cancer far more than estrogen-only; suggesting a two-year "safe" period for the use of estrogen and progesterone
Conference to Focus on Finding Solutions to Healthcare Crisis Affecting Communities of Color ATLANTA, Feb.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.