Health News Archive - February 20, 2009
TOKYO, Feb. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- The Niwano Peace Foundation announced Friday it will award the 26th Niwano Peace Prize to Rev.
Anti-social behavior among girls and anxiety among both sexes predicted depression in early adolescence, U.S.
A San Diego man has been found guilty of selling an electronic device that he claimed could cure serious diseases with electrical impulses. Federal prosecutors said James Folsom, 68, sold about 9,000 of the devices during a decade, grossing as much as $8 million, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.
PHILADELPHIA and DUBLIN, February 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPGY), the global specialty biopharmaceutical company, announces that it has signed an agreement with UCB to acquire the worldwide rights to EQUASYM(R) IR and XL (methylphenidate hydrochloride) (excluding the USA, Canada and Barbados) used for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). EQUASYM XL is approved and marketed in 10 countries (outside the USA, Canada, and Barbados), and EQUASYM IR is currently approved and marketed in four countries.
BREUKELEN, The Netherlands, February 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Nyenrode Business Universiteit has awarded a Honorary Doctoral degree to Professor Michael Porter, icon in the field of microeconomics, competitive strategy and cluster theory.
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Cord Blood America, Inc.
- 64 percent year-over-year increase in Ranexa(R) net revenue - - Company retires more than $100 million in convertible debt in 2008 - - Ranexa prescriptions for first week in February hit record high according to IMS - PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CV Therapeutics, Inc.
PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CV Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CVTX) today announced that its board of directors has thoroughly reviewed and rejected the previously announced unsolicited proposal from Astellas Pharma Inc.
Response submitted within one month of FDA complete response letter KENILWORTH, N.J., Feb. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Schering-Plough Corporation (NYSE: SGP) today announced that it has responded to the U.S.
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Pharmacyclics (Nasdaq: PCYC) announced today the close of a financing in connection with an investment by the principals of Pacific Biopharma Group, Ltd.
- Like a worm in form or movement; vermiform; tortuous or sinuous; also, writhing or wriggling.
- Like the track or trace of a worm; appearing as if worm-eaten; vermiculate.
- Marked with fine, close-set, wavy or tortuous lines of color; vermiculated.
- A form of rusticated masonry which is so wrought as to appear thickly indented with worm-tracks.