Health News Archive - February 25, 2009
- Exceeds 2008 Projections for Net Operating Income and Year-End Cash - Achieves 2008 Positive Pro Forma Net Operating Income and Net Income - Conference Call Webcast Wednesday, February 25, 8:30 a.m. EST at www.isispharm.com CARLSBAD, Calif., Feb.
Partnership Greatly Expands eDiets.com meal delivery offering to over 30,000 Members New Agreement with Diversified Health & Fitness is the Third Partnership within the new Fitness Industry Sales Channel FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Feb.25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- eDiets.com, Inc.
JERSEY CITY, N.J., Feb. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Psychiatric Congress 2009 announces Rakesh Jain, MD, MPH, one of the nation's leading experts in the field of mental health, as program chair. Dr. Jain is director of psychiatric drug research at the R/D Clinical Research Center in Lake Jackson, Texas.
WASHINGTON, Feb. 25 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Missouri Congressman Roy Blunt tonight issued the following statement after President Barack Obama's first address to Congress: "President Obama's first address was a historic milestone for our nation and his presidency.
MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- HealthFitness Corporation (NYSE Alternext US: FIT), a leading provider of integrated employee health and productivity management solutions, will conduct a conference call to discuss its financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2008.
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Cerimon Pharmaceuticals, Inc., announced today the Company has enrolled its first subjects in its once-daily topical diclofenac sodium patch Phase III program.
STAMFORD, Conn., Feb.
FREMONT, Calif., Feb. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- WaferGen Biosystems, Inc.
Topline Findings from a Survey of More Than 300 Dentists 30,000+ Dentists Converge in Chicago February 27-March 1 CHICAGO, Feb.
A new study suggests that many people taking the weight-loss drug orlistat, sold under the prescription name Xenical, do not maintain the necessary dietary changes for the treatment's success.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.