Health News Archive - February 26, 2009
RICHMOND, Va., Feb. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Insmed Inc. (Nasdaq: INSM), a developer of biopharmaceuticals, today announced that it will host a conference call on Wednesday, March 11th at 8:30 AM ET, to discuss its financial results for the fourth quarter and year-end 2008.
- Acquisition of Four Clinical Stage Product Candidates Adds to Robust Pipeline - DALLAS, Feb. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Access Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Apidra(R) SoloSTAR(R) is a Convenient Insulin Delivery Device to Help Patients with Diabetes Improve Glycemic Control BRIDGEWATER, N.J., Feb. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sanofi-aventis announced today that the U.S.
PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Garry W. Rogerson, Chairman and CEO of Varian, Inc. (NasdaqGS: VARI) will speak at the Barclays Capital Global Healthcare Conference in Miami on Tuesday, March 10th, 2009, at 9:30 a.m.
Interest in Premium-Priced Nonadhesive Ventral Hernia Meshes Climbs in Latin America, According to Millennium Research Group WALTHAM, Mass., Feb.
A disease once thought to be somewhat under control with the use of prescription drugs is emerging at the Thai-Cambodian border as drug resistant.
OSLO, Norway, February 26 /PRNewswire/ -- ScreenCancer AS, a Norwegian company offering cancer screening management services to employers, insurance companies and individuals, today announced that it has added the InSure(R) FIT(TM) take-at-home colorectal cancer screening test to its European Cancer Screening Program.
US researchers reported Wednesday that multivitamin supplements contain less iodine than the label promises, which could put newborns at risk for developmental issues.
New subset analysis of bortezomib-relapsed patient population demonstrates 55% overall response rate and extended time to progression NEW YORK, Feb. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.