Health News Archive - April 08, 2009
- Transaction Brings Growth Opportunities in Transplant Diagnostics, Genetic Testing and Pharmaceutical Services, Accelerates European Expansion Strategy - SAN DIEGO, April 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Gen-Probe (Nasdaq: GPRO) announced today that the Company has completed its acquisition of Tepnel Life Sciences, plc, a rapidly growing molecular diagnostics and pharmaceutical services company based in the United Kingdom, for 27.1 pence ($0.40)(1) per share, or approximately 92.8 million pounds sterling ($136.4 million) in total. "We believe this acquisition brings Gen-Probe new growth opportunities in transplant diagnostics, genetic testing and pharmaceutical services, and also accelerates our European expansion strategy," said Carl Hull, Gen-Probe's president and chief operating officer.
LAS VEGAS, April 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Scheduled for June 5 - 7 at Caesars Palace, THE Aesthetic Show has garnered broad industry support and surpassed previous levels of corporate sponsorship.
PRINCETON, N.J., April 8 /PRNewswire/ -- BioWa, Inc.
HOUSTON, April 8 /PRNewswire/ -- LaserGen, Inc., a DNA sequencing technology company, announced a definitive agreement in which SeqWright Inc. will make an equity investment in the company.
BETHESDA, Md., April 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Micromet, Inc.
NORTHFIELD, Ill., April 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The College of American Pathologists (CAP), which has been re-approved as a private accreditation organization and deeming authority under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) since 1995, has been notified that it has received approval in all specialties and subspecialties for a six-year period, the longest period available for this award.
SAN DIEGO, April 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Aethlon Medical, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: AEMD) announced today that the videotaped CEO television interview and corporate presentation made by Chairman and CEO, James A.
ATLANTA, April 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Amoena, the worldwide leader of post-breast surgery products, today announced the introduction of The Hannah Collection, the industry's first post-surgical garments infused with Vitamin E and Aloe to ease discomfort after breast surgery. (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20081016/NYFNSB01LOGO-b) (Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090408/CL96087) The post-surgical camisole and bra both feature a drain containment device system as well as a soft, soothing material, made with microcapsules of Vitamin E and Aloe that have been infused into the fabric.
ATLANTA, April 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Alimera Sciences, Inc., a privately held biopharmaceutical company that specializes in the research, development and commercialization of prescription ophthalmic pharmaceuticals, today reported that an independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) has recommended the continuation of two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials for the use of Iluvien(TM) in the treatment of diabetic macular edema (DME) under the current protocol, without change.
MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich., April 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- InfuSystem (OTC Bulletin Board: INHI; INHIW; INHIU), the leading provider of ambulatory infusion pumps and associated clinical services, today announced that it has made a $5.3 million payment on its Term Loan in addition to its normal quarterly $818,000 payment.
- A cloth or covering, more or less ornamented, laid over the saddle or furniture of a horse, especially of a sumpter-horse or horse of state.
- Clothing, especially sumptuous clothing; equipment; outfit.
- To cover with a caparison, as a horse.
- To dress sumptuously; adorn with rich dress.