August 5, 2008
Brussels Did Not Get Iran’s Response to Sextet Proposal
BRUSSELS. Aug 5 (Interfax) - Brussels is expecting a response from the Iranian administration following yesterday's telephone conversation between EU Supreme Commissioner on Foreign Policy and Security Xavier Solana and Iranian Supreme National Security Council Secretary Saeed Jalili.
Solana reminded the Iranian diplomat that no clear response had been received from Iran on the sextets new proposals on the Iranian nuclear program at the July 19 meeting, and said Brussels expects this response within 15 days, a representative of Solana's office told Interfax.
Solana's representative said that, according to Iranian press reports, this response has been sent, but it has not been received yet.
The official said Solana is currently out of Brussels and if the letter arrives it will be forwarded to his office by the Iranian embassy.
(c) 2008 Daily News Bulletin; Moscow - English. Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved.