Two Italian tourists still held in Niger kidnap
ROME (Reuters) – Two Italian tourists are still being held
by bandits in Niger, after most of their tour group was
released, the Italian foreign ministry said on Tuesday.
“Two people, both Italians, are being held,” the ministry
said in a statement. The ministry said it had established
contact with other members of the group.
It said earlier that 21 Italians had been abducted on
Monday and later released in the desert area of south-east
Niger, near the border with Chad.