International News Archive - November 04, 2008
Chinese authorities, cracking down on illegal organ transplants for foreigners, have cited three hospitals for doing the operations.
British police announced Tuesday they had arrested a Blackburn-area teenager in an anti-terrorism investigation. The identity of the 19-year-old suspect and the details of the charges were not immediately released although officials confirmed a residence above a Blackburn shop was searched.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.