International News Archive - March 19, 2009
British researchers say returning beavers to the countryside could save money and help the environment.
Higher food and housing costs drove Canada's annual inflation rate up 1.4 percent in February, the federal Statistics Canada agency reported Thursday.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.