International News Archive - October 13, 2010
The head of Britainâ€™s electronic spying agency warned Wednesday that the country is facing a â€œreal and credibleâ€ threat of cyber attacks from hostile criminals abroad which could potentially damage its critical infrastructure.
The red, metal-laden sludge that escaped a containment pond in Hungary last week could be made less toxic with the help of carbon sequestration, says an Indiana University Bloomington geologist who has a patent pending on the technique.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.