International News Archive - May 14, 2010
The very latest laser technology combined with old fashioned pedal power is being used to provide a unique insight into the layout of Nottinghamâ€™s sandstone caves â€” where the cityâ€™s renowned medieval ale was brewed and, where legend has it, the countryâ€™s most famous outlaw Robin Hood was imprisoned.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.