International News Archive - January 30, 2013
Thick smog in Beijing, China has left the city’s 20 million people with the worst air quality rating on its six-level scale. The city recommended its residents stay indoors, close windows and drink plenty of water as the air quality was reaching hazardous levels in the Chinese capital for the fifth straight day.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.