Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity News Archive - January 30, 2013
NASA’s Curiosity rover is preparing to use its drill to bore into a Martian rock in the coming days. The rover is carrying out “pre-load” tests to assure the rover’s drill and hardware can handle pressure and temperature variations on the Red Planet.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.