May 9, 2009
Puppy eats ABC magnets
A puppy in England had to undergo emergency surgery after eating several alphabet fridge magnets.
Golden Labrador Jack was recovering from being neutered when his owner, Emma Keers, said she noticed that her pooch had eaten the magnets, The Daily Telegraph reported Saturday.
After Jack's surgery, he was sleepy after the anesthetic so I put him in the kitchen to recover overnight,Keers said.
The next morning I noticed the whole alphabet was missing from the fridge though Jack wasn't showing any signs of being ill.
Veterinary surgeon Robert Newcombe said the puppy had to be operated on right away.
The letters were well chewed and not easy to identify and as well as finding around 30 pieces of chewed plastic, he had eaten some white rubbery cloth, Newcombe said.