Quantcast

Fire dept. medics evacuate bank

August 21, 2009

New York authorities said two fire department medics visiting a bank to withdraw some cash wound up evacuating the building for its carbon monoxide levels.

Officials said New York City Fire Department medics Glenn Steinle and Jeffrey Jovin were waiting in line for an ATM at a Chase bank branch at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday when they noticed the fire department-issued carbon monoxide meters installed in the bank just last week were registering dangerously high levels, the New York Post reported Friday.

The medics emptied the building and treated six people who complained of headaches, nausea and dizziness. The cause of the high carbon monoxide levels was not released Friday.


Source: upi



comments powered by Disqus