Oddities News Archive - October 31, 2005
SALVO, North Carolina (Reuters) - A spectator ran on to the field and stole the ball from Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre during the Cincinnati Bengals' home victory on Sunday. Security officials tackled the man and he was arrested and charged with criminal trespass while intoxicated.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.